There are schools offering healthcare administration programs in Florida!
Schools Offering Healthcare Administration Programs in Florida
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Tennessee
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Mississippi
- Healthcare Administration Programs in South Carolina
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Georgia
- Healthcare Administration Programs in North Carolina
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Alabama
- See All Schools in Florida
Each year, roughly 0.3% of Florida students graduate with degrees in healthcare administration. In other words, every year an estimated 1,328 healthcare administrators graduate from Florida's 69 healthcare administration schools.
The top-ranked school in Florida with a healthcare administration program is University of Miami, which is located in Miami. In 2010, it was ranked 20th nationwide. In 2010, University of Miami graduated 22 students from its healthcare administration program. Tuition at University of Miami was $37,836 per year.
The second-ranked school in Florida with a healthcare administration program is University of Central Florida, which is located in Orlando. In 2010, it was ranked 20th nationwide. 254 students graduated with degree in healthcare administration from University of Central Florida in 2010. Tuition at University of Central Florida was $5,021 per year.
University of South Florida-Main Campus, which was ranked 20th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a healthcare administration program. It is located in Tampa. In 2010, 20 students graduated from University of South Florida-Main Campus healthcare administration program. University of South Florida-Main Campus charged in-state students $5,198 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Florida healthcare administration school, average tuition will be $9,085 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,167 per year to $37,836 per year. The Florida healthcare administration schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Miami - located in Miami, students are charged $37,836 per year
- Stetson University - located in De Land, students are charged $33,424 per year
- Eckerd College - located in Saint Petersburg, students are charged $33,228 per year
The healthcare administration schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Florida were:
- Santa Fe College - located in Gainesville, students are charged $2,167 per year
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
- Broward College - located in Fort Lauderdale, students are charged $2,272 per year
A healthcare administration degree from a Florida school... what next?
The highest percentage of healthcare administration graduates in Florida pursue careers as a healthcare administrator. 8,740 healthcare administrators were working in Florida in 2010. The Florida counties with the largest populations of healthcare administrators are:
- Hernando County - 1,350 healthcare administrators
- Miami-Dade County - 1,250 healthcare administrators
- Lake County - 980 healthcare administrators
The government projects that the number of healthcare administrators in Florida will grow by 18%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 10,300 healthcare administrators working in Florida.
On average, a healthcare administrator earns a salary of $99,780 per year in Florida state. In 2010, however, some Florida healthcare administrators earned as little as less than $51,730 per year or as much as more than $165,310 per year. The following counties in Florida have the highest average salaries for healthcare administrators:
- Broward County - $113,860 per year
- Miami-Dade County - $108,140 per year
- Alachua County - $102,030 per year
The following counties in Florida have the lowest average salaries for healthcare administrators:
- Martin County - $79,660 per year
- Calhoun County - $84,590 per year
- Okaloosa County - $85,020 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Florida statistics regarding a career in healthcare administration. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as health information management or health science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Florida
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Florida
- Doctoral Degree in Healthcare Administration in Florida
- Certificate in Healthcare Administration in Florida
Curious what studying Healthcare Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||8,740||$99,780||-0.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are healthcare administration related jobs in Florida