There are schools offering healthcare management degrees in Florida!
Schools Offering Healthcare Management Programs in Florida
Around 0.1% of Florida's graduates graduate from healthcare management degree programs every year. Thus, Florida's 15 healthcare management schools put out approximately 264 healthcare managers each year.
University of Central Florida, which is located in Orlando, is the top-ranked school in Florida that has a healthcare management program. It received a ranking of 20th in the country in 2010. 28 students graduated with a degree in healthcare management from University of Central Florida in 2010. Tuition at University of Central Florida was $5,021 per year.
Florida International University, which is located in Miami, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a healthcare management program. It received a ranking of 31st in the country in 2010. 19 students graduated with degree in healthcare management from Florida International University in 2010. Students at Florida International University paid $5,102 per year in tuition fees.
Nova Southeastern University, which is located in Fort Lauderdale, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a healthcare management program. It received a ranking of 44th in the country in 2010. Tuition at Nova Southeastern University was $22,150 per year.
Tuition at Florida's healthcare management schools ranges from $22,150 per year to $2,272 per year. But, the average tuition is $7,980 per year. The Florida healthcare management schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Nova Southeastern University - located in Fort Lauderdale, students are charged $22,150 per year
- Fortis College - located in Tampa, students are charged $17,023 per year
- Virginia College-Jacksonville - located in Jacksonville, students are charged $15,519 per year
The healthcare management schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Florida were:
- Broward College - located in Fort Lauderdale, students are charged $2,272 per year
- Saint Johns River State College - located in Palatka, students are charged $2,434 per year
- St Petersburg College - located in Clearwater, students are charged $2,822 per year
A healthcare management degree from a Florida school... what next?
A large number of Florida healthcare management graduates become healthcare managers. If you decide to work as a healthcare manager in Florida, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 8,740 Florida healthcare managers as of 2010. The largest populations of Florida healthcare managers are working in the following counties:
- Hernando County - 1,350 healthcare managers
- Miami-Dade County - 1,250 healthcare managers
- Lake County - 980 healthcare managers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of healthcare managers in the state of Florida will grow to 10,300. This would require a 18% growth in the profession.
A healthcare manager in Florida makes an average of $99,780 per year. In 2010, however, some Florida healthcare managers earned as little as less than $51,730 per year or as much as more than $165,310 per year. A healthcare manager in the following Florida counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Broward County - $113,860 per year
- Miami-Dade County - $108,140 per year
- Alachua County - $102,030 per year
The Florida counties with the lowest average salary for healthcare managers are:
- Martin County - $79,660 per year
- Calhoun County - $84,590 per year
- Okaloosa County - $85,020 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Florida statistics regarding a career in healthcare management. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as healthcare management or business management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Healthcare Management in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Management in Florida
- Certificate in Healthcare Management in Florida
Curious what studying Healthcare Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||8,740||$99,780||-0.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are healthcare management related jobs in Florida