There are schools offering interior design programs in Florida!
Schools Offering Interior Design Programs in Florida
Florida International University, which is located in Miami, is the top-ranked school in Florida that has a interior design program. It received a ranking of 31st in the country in 2010. In 2010, Florida International University graduated 27 students from its interior design program. Tuition at Florida International University was $5,102 per year.
University of Florida, which is located in Gainesville, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a interior design program. It received a ranking of 48th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 20 students graduated from University of Florida interior design program. The tuition rate at University of Florida was $5,044 per year.
The third-ranked school in Florida with a interior design program is Florida State University, which is located in Tallahassee. In 2010, it was ranked 56th nationwide. In 2010, 46 students graduated from Florida State University interior design program. Students at Florida State University paid $5,238 per year in tuition fees.
Interior design schools in Florida, charge students an average tuition of $11,745 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $32,290 per year, or as little as $2,484 per year. The Florida interior design schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Ringling College of Art and Design - located in Sarasota, students are charged $32,290 per year
- The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale - located in Fort Lauderdale, students are charged $22,105 per year
- International Academy of Design and Technology-Tampa - located in Tampa, students are charged $19,080 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Florida interior design schools were charged at the following schools:
- D G Erwin Technical Center - located in Tampa, students are charged $2,484 per year
- Seminole State College of Florida - located in Sanford, students are charged $2,904 per year
- University of Florida - located in Gainesville, students are charged $5,044 per year
An interior design degree from a Florida school... what next?
Most people who graduate from interior design school in Florida go on to work as an interior designer. In 2010, there were 2,990 interior designers working in Florida. The largest populations of Florida interior designers are working in the following counties:
- Palm Beach County - 480 interior designers
- Miami-Dade County - 400 interior designers
- Lake County - 390 interior designers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of interior designers in the state of Florida will shrink to 4,800. This would require a -3% decline in the profession.
On average, an interior designer earns a salary of $48,770 per year in Florida state. But, salaries for interior designers can vary. In 2010, interior designers made as little as less than $17,050 per year or as much as more than $91,880 per year in Florida. An interior designer in the following Florida counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Collier County - $57,600 per year
- Miami-Dade County - $55,350 per year
- Palm Beach County - $51,730 per year
On average, interior designers earns the least in the following Florida counties:
- Calhoun County - $33,420 per year
- Lee County - $34,490 per year
- Martin County - $36,800 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Florida statistics regarding a career in interior design. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as design or graphic design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Interior Design in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design in Florida
- Master's Degree in Interior Design in Florida
- Certificate in Interior Design in Florida
Curious what studying Interior Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are interior design related jobs in Florida