There are schools offering LPN programs in Florida!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in Florida
The top-ranked school in Florida with a LPN program is Health Opportunity Technical Center, which is located in Miami. In 2010, it was ranked 56th nationwide. In 2010, 54 students graduated from Health Opportunity Technical Center's LPN program.
The second-ranked school in Florida with a LPN program is Mercy Hospital School of Practical Nursing, which is located in Miami. In 2010, it was ranked 61st nationwide. In 2010, Mercy Hospital School of Practical Nursing graduated 66 students from its LPN program.
The third-ranked school in Florida with a LPN program is Keiser Career College-Greenacres, which is located in West Palm Beach. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. In 2010, 178 students graduated from Keiser Career College-Greenacres LPN program. The tuition rate at Keiser Career College-Greenacres was $14,176 per year.
Tuition at Florida's LPN schools ranges from $27,147 per year to $2,158 per year. But, the average tuition is $2,263 per year. In 2010, the LPN schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Florida were:
- Centura Institute - located in Orlando, students are charged $27,147 per year
- Keiser Career College-Greenacres - located in West Palm Beach, students are charged $14,176 per year
- Rasmussen College-Florida - located in Ocala, students are charged $13,520 per year
The LPN schools in Florida that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Santa Fe College - located in Gainesville, students are charged $2,167 per year
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
A LPN certificate from a Florida school... what next?
Most people who graduate from LPN school in Florida go on to work as a licensed practical nurse. If you decide to work as a licensed practical nurse in Florida, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 42,520 Florida licensed practical nurses as of 2010. The Florida counties with the largest populations of licensed practical nurses are:
- Hernando County - 7,390 licensed practical nurses
- Lake County - 5,200 licensed practical nurses
- Miami-Dade County - 4,500 licensed practical nurses
The government projects that the number of licensed practical nurses in Florida will grow by 21%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 53,410 licensed practical nurses working in Florida.
A licensed practical nurse in Florida earns $40,230 per year on average. But, salaries for licensed practical nurses can vary. In 2010, licensed practical nurses made as little as less than $25,120 per year or as much as more than $56,620 per year in Florida. On average a licensed practical nurse earns the most in the following Florida counties:
- Palm Beach County - $42,620 per year
- Miami-Dade County - $42,450 per year
- Collier County - $42,030 per year
The following counties in Florida have the lowest average salaries for licensed practical nurses:
- Calhoun County - $34,710 per year
- Okaloosa County - $34,830 per year
- Flagler County - $36,090 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Florida statistics regarding a career in nursing and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as LPN or RN to MSN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing in Florida
- Certificate in Nursing in Florida
Curious what studying LPN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses||42,520||$40,230||-13.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are LPN related jobs in Florida