There are schools offering management courses in Florida!
Schools Offering Management Programs in Florida
The top-ranked school in Florida with a management program is University of Miami, which is located in Miami. In 2010, it was ranked 20th nationwide. 58 students graduated with a degree in management from University of Miami in 2010. University of Miami charged in-state students $37,836 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Florida that has a management program is University of Central Florida. University of Central Florida, which was ranked 20th in the country in 2010, is located in Orlando. In 2010, 122 students graduated from University of Central Florida management program. Tuition at University of Central Florida was $5,021 per year.
Florida International University, which is located in Miami, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a management program. It received a ranking of 31st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 102 students graduated from Florida International University management program. Tuition at Florida International University was $5,102 per year.
If you choose to attend a Florida management school, average tuition will be $9,517 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,158 per year to $37,836 per year. In 2010, the management schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Florida were:
- University of Miami - located in Miami, students are charged $37,836 per year
- Stetson University - located in De Land, students are charged $33,424 per year
- Eckerd College - located in Saint Petersburg, students are charged $33,228 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Florida management schools were charged at the following schools:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Santa Fe College - located in Gainesville, students are charged $2,167 per year
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
A management degree from a Florida school... what next?
The highest percentage of management graduates in Florida pursue careers as a manager. Florida had 61,830 managers in 2010. In Florida, the largest numbers of managers work in the following counties:
- Hernando County - 9,970 managers
- Lake County - 8,710 managers
- Miami-Dade County - 8,230 managers
The government projects that the number of managers in Florida will shrink by -5%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 56,050 managers working in Florida.
A manager in Florida makes an average of $102,280 per year. However, Florida managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $28,210 per year to more than $159,930 per year in 2010. A manager in the following Florida counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Palm Beach County - $117,930 per year
- Hernando County - $109,480 per year
- Broward County - $108,250 per year
A manager in the following counties in Florida make the lowest salaries on average:
- Flagler County - $77,700 per year
- Bay County - $80,580 per year
- Marion County - $81,830 per year
For more data regarding a career in management in Florida and to compare salaries with various related fields such as restaurant management or educational leadership, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Management in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Management in Florida
- Master's Degree in Management in Florida
- Doctoral Degree in Management in Florida
- Certificate in Management in Florida
Curious what studying Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers||72,620||$42,690||29.7%|
|General and Operations Managers||61,830||$102,280||7.1%|
|Managers, All Other||13,000||$90,400||-10.8%|
|Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers||12,180||$60,610||40.3%|
|Food Service Managers||10,320||$55,540||38.2%|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||8,740||$99,780||-0.7%|
|Industrial Production Managers||2,850||$104,860||-14.4%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||1,370||$106,390||-6.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are management related jobs in Florida