There are schools offering medical assistant programs in Florida!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in Florida
Around 1.6% of Florida's graduates graduate from medical assisting certificate programs every year. Thus, Florida's 109 medical assistant schools put out approximately 7,707 medical assistants each year.
Nova Southeastern University, which is located in Fort Lauderdale, is the top-ranked school in Florida that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 44th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 175 students graduated from Nova Southeastern University's medical assistant program. Tuition at Nova Southeastern University was $22,150 per year.
University of Florida, which is located in Gainesville, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 48th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 59 students graduated from University of Florida medical assistant program. Tuition at University of Florida was $5,044 per year.
The third-ranked school in Florida with a medical assistant program is Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale, which is located in Fort Lauderdale. In 2010, it was ranked 60th nationwide. 611 students graduated with certificate in medical assistant from Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale in 2010. Students at Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale paid $14,176 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Florida's medical assistant schools ranges from $27,200 per year to $2,158 per year. But, the average tuition is $6,205 per year. In 2010, the medical assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Florida were:
- Barry University - located in Miami, students are charged $27,200 per year
- Centura Institute - located in Orlando, students are charged $27,147 per year
- Nova Southeastern University - located in Fort Lauderdale, students are charged $22,150 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Florida medical assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
- Brevard Community College - located in Cocoa, students are charged $2,256 per year
A medical assistant certificate from a Florida school... what next?
The highest percentage of medical assistant graduates in Florida pursue careers as a medical assistant. In 2010, there were 36,660 medical assistants working in Florida. In Florida, the largest numbers of medical assistants work in the following counties:
- Hernando County - 6,080 medical assistants
- Miami-Dade County - 4,880 medical assistants
- Broward County - 4,060 medical assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 45,540 medical assistants will be working in Florida state. This would require the number of medical assistants to grow by 30%.
On average, medical assistants earn $28,970 per year. But, salaries for medical assistants can vary. In 2010, medical assistants made as little as less than $17,920 per year or as much as more than $43,340 per year in Florida. A medical assistant in the following Florida counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Collier County - $34,500 per year
- Broward County - $31,410 per year
- Lee County - $31,110 per year
The Florida counties with the lowest average salary for medical assistants are:
- Calhoun County - $23,440 per year
- Escambia County - $24,740 per year
- Bradford County - $25,090 per year
For more data regarding a career in medical assisting in Florida and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Assisting in Florida
- Master's Degree in Medical Assisting in Florida
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in Florida
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in Florida