There are schools offering nurse practitioner programs in Florida!
Schools Offering Nurse Practitioning Programs in Florida
The top-ranked school in Florida with a nurse practitioner program is University of Miami, which is located in Miami. In 2010, it was ranked 20th nationwide. 51 students graduated with a degree in nurse practitioner from University of Miami in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Miami was $37,836 per year.
The University of Tampa, which is located in Tampa, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a nurse practitioner program. It received a ranking of 39th in the country in 2010. 21 students graduated with degree in nurse practitioner from The University of Tampa in 2010. The tuition rate at The University of Tampa was $23,218 per year.
Florida Southern College, which was ranked 39th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a nurse practitioner program. It is located in Lakeland. 22 students graduated with degree in nurse practitioner from Florida Southern College in 2010. The tuition rate at Florida Southern College was $24,662 per year.
If you choose to attend a Florida nurse practitioner school, average tuition will be $14,454 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,847 per year to $37,836 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Florida nurse practitioner schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Miami - located in Miami, students are charged $37,836 per year
- Barry University - located in Miami, students are charged $27,200 per year
- Jacksonville University - located in Jacksonville, students are charged $26,600 per year
The following Florida nurse practitioner schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Miami Dade College - located in Miami, students are charged $2,847 per year
- Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences - located in Orlando, students are charged $9,580 per year
- University of Phoenix-South Florida Campus - located in Fort Lauderdale, students are charged $10,680 per year
A nurse practitioner degree from a Florida school... what next?
A large number of Florida nurse practitioner graduates become nurse practitioners. In 2010, there were 3,750 nurse practitioners working in Florida. The largest populations of Florida nurse practitioners are working in the following counties:
- Hernando County - 850 nurse practitioners
- Miami-Dade County - 560 nurse practitioners
- Broward County - 510 nurse practitioners
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of nurse practitioners is expected to grow by 8% by 2018. There are projected to be 5,350 nurse practitioners working in the Florida then.
On average, nurse practitioners earn $65,030 per year. However, this number is only an average. nurse practitioners in Florida had varying salaries from $23,790 to $102,450 per year in 2010. The following counties in Florida have the highest average salaries for nurse practitioners:
- Alachua County - $71,660 per year
- Brevard County - $70,600 per year
- Miami-Dade County - $69,150 per year
A nurse practitioner in the following counties in Florida make the lowest salaries on average:
- Volusia County - $51,690 per year
- Bradford County - $54,880 per year
- Palm Beach County - $56,790 per year
For more data regarding a career in nurse practitioning in Florida and to compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse anesthetist or MSN, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nurse Practitioning in Florida
- Master's Degree in Nurse Practitioning in Florida
- Doctoral Degree in Nurse Practitioning in Florida
Curious what studying Nurse Practitioner gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners, All Other||3,750||$65,030||-31.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nurse practitioner related jobs in Florida