There are schools offering nursing assistant certifications in Florida!
Schools Offering Nurse Assisting Programs in Florida
Approximately 0.9% of graduates in of Florida receive nurse assisting certificates every year. In other words, every year an estimated 4,223 nursing assistants graduate from Florida's 71 nursing assistant schools.
The top-ranked school in Florida that has a nursing assistant program is Health Opportunity Technical Center. Health Opportunity Technical Center, which was ranked 56th in the country in 2010, is located in Miami. no students graduated with a certificate in nursing assistant from Health Opportunity Technical Center in 2010.
Bradford-Union Area Career Technical Center, which is located in Starke, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a nursing assistant program. It received a ranking of 64th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Bradford-Union Area Career Technical Center graduated 20 students from its nursing assistant program.
The third-ranked school in Florida that has a nursing assistant program is Advance Science Institute. Advance Science Institute, which was ranked 65th in the country in 2010, is located in Hialeah. In 2010, Advance Science Institute graduated 17 students from its nursing assistant programs. Students at Advance Science Institute paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Florida's nursing assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $1,877 per year, though tuition can range from $16,744 per year to $2,158 per year. In 2010, the nursing assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Florida were:
- Florida Career College - located in Miami, students are charged $16,744 per year
- Florida Career College - located in Clearwater, students are charged $16,744 per year
- Everest Institute-North Miami - located in Miami, students are charged $15,414 per year
The nursing assistant schools in Florida that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Santa Fe College - located in Gainesville, students are charged $2,167 per year
- College of Central Florida - located in Ocala, students are charged $2,190 per year
A nursing assistant certificate from a Florida school... what next?
Most people who graduate from nursing assistant school in Florida go on to work as a nursing assistant. If you decide to work as a nursing assistant in Florida, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 88,930 Florida nursing assistants as of 2010. In Florida, the largest numbers of nursing assistants work in the following counties:
- Hernando County - 15,730 nursing assistants
- Miami-Dade County - 10,590 nursing assistants
- Lake County - 8,820 nursing assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 106,860 nursing assistants will be working in Florida state. This would require the number of nursing assistants to grow by 20%.
On average, nursing assistants earn $23,780 per year. However, Florida nursing assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,910 per year to more than $34,860 per year in 2010. On average a nursing assistant earns the most in the following Florida counties:
- Collier County - $27,230 per year
- Martin County - $25,400 per year
- Manatee County - $25,350 per year
A nursing assistant in the following counties in Florida make the lowest salaries on average:
- Calhoun County - $21,010 per year
- Bay County - $21,600 per year
- Miami-Dade County - $22,140 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Florida statistics regarding a career in nurse assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as forensic nursing or LVN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nurse Assisting in Florida
Curious what studying Nursing Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Nursing Aides, Orderlies, and Attendants||88,930||$23,780||7.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nursing assistant related jobs in Florida