There are schools offering nutrition degrees in Florida!
Schools Offering Nutrition Programs in Florida
Florida International University, which is located in Miami, is the top-ranked school in Florida that has a nutrition program. It received a ranking of 31st in the country in 2010. 74 students graduated with a degree in nutrition from Florida International University in 2010. The tuition rate at Florida International University was $5,102 per year.
The second-ranked school in Florida that has a nutrition program is University of Florida. University of Florida, which was ranked 48th in the country in 2010, is located in Gainesville. 1 students graduated with degree in nutrition from University of Florida in 2010. Tuition at University of Florida was $5,044 per year.
Florida State University, which was ranked 48th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a nutrition program. It is located in Tallahassee. In 2010, Florida State University graduated 114 students from its nutrition programs. Florida State University charged in-state students $5,238 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Florida nutrition school, average tuition will be $3,746 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,179 per year to $24,429 per year. In 2010, the following Florida nutrition schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Johnson & Wales University-Florida Campus - located in Miami, students are charged $24,429 per year
- Florida State University - located in Tallahassee, students are charged $5,238 per year
- Florida International University - located in Miami, students are charged $5,102 per year
The nutrition schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Florida were:
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
- Brevard Community College - located in Cocoa, students are charged $2,256 per year
- Hillsborough Community College - located in Tampa, students are charged $2,264 per year
A nutrition degree from a Florida school... what next?
The highest percentage of nutrition graduates in Florida pursue careers as a nutritionist. In 2010, there were 2,930 nutritionists working in Florida. In Florida, the largest numbers of nutritionists work in the following counties:
- Hernando County - 510 nutritionists
- Lake County - 460 nutritionists
- Miami-Dade County - 350 nutritionists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 3,430 nutritionists will be working in Florida state. This would require the number of nutritionists to grow by 8%.
On average, nutritionists earn $55,480 per year. However, Florida nutritionists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $22,140 per year to more than $123,460 per year in 2010. A nutritionist in the following Florida counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Lake County - $61,390 per year
- Polk County - $58,340 per year
- Bradford County - $58,090 per year
A nutritionist in the following counties in Florida make the lowest salaries on average:
- Escambia County - $44,970 per year
- Gadsden County - $45,910 per year
- Volusia County - $47,900 per year
For more data regarding a career in nutrition in Florida and to compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse practitioning or healthcare, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nutrition in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition in Florida
- Master's Degree in Nutrition in Florida
- Doctoral Degree in Nutrition in Florida
- Certificate in Nutrition in Florida
Curious what studying Nutrition gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dietitians and Nutritionists||2,930||$55,480||33.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nutrition related jobs in Florida