There are schools offering occupational therapy programs in Florida!
Schools Offering Occupational Therapy Programs in Florida
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Florida receive occupational therapy degrees every year. That means an estimated 589 occupational therapists graduate from Florida's 14 occupational therapy schools each year.
Florida International University, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Florida that has a occupational therapy program. It is located in Miami. 72 students graduated with a degree in occupational therapy from Florida International University in 2010. The tuition rate at Florida International University was $5,102 per year.
The second-ranked school in Florida with a occupational therapy program is Florida Gulf Coast University, which is located in Fort Myers. In 2010, it was ranked 40th nationwide. 16 students graduated with degree in occupational therapy from Florida Gulf Coast University in 2010. The tuition rate at Florida Gulf Coast University was $4,991 per year.
Nova Southeastern University, which is located in Fort Lauderdale, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a occupational therapy program. It received a ranking of 44th in the country in 2010. 41 students graduated with degree in occupational therapy from Nova Southeastern University in 2010. Students at Nova Southeastern University paid $22,150 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Florida occupational therapy school, average tuition will be $7,571 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,158 per year to $27,200 per year. The Florida occupational therapy schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Barry University - located in Miami, students are charged $27,200 per year
- Nova Southeastern University - located in Fort Lauderdale, students are charged $22,150 per year
- Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale - located in Fort Lauderdale, students are charged $14,176 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Florida occupational therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Florida State College at Jacksonville - located in Jacksonville, students are charged $2,450 per year
- Polk State College - located in Winter Haven, students are charged $2,789 per year
An occupational therapy degree from a Florida school... what next?
A large number of Florida occupational therapy graduates become occupational therapists. In 2010, there were 6,140 occupational therapists working in Florida. In Florida, the largest numbers of occupational therapists work in the following counties:
- Hernando County - 1,330 occupational therapists
- Miami-Dade County - 710 occupational therapists
- Lake County - 670 occupational therapists
The government projects that the number of occupational therapists in Florida will grow by 25%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 7,670 occupational therapists working in Florida.
On average, an occupational therapist earns a salary of $77,530 per year in Florida state. But, salaries for occupational therapists can vary. In 2010, occupational therapists made as little as less than $22,370 per year or as much as more than $136,410 per year in Florida. On average an occupational therapist earns the most in the following Florida counties:
- Hernando County - $88,120 per year
- Broward County - $87,610 per year
- Martin County - $87,470 per year
On average, occupational therapists earns the least in the following Florida counties:
- Calhoun County - $56,920 per year
- Alachua County - $59,880 per year
- Manatee County - $62,210 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Florida statistics regarding a career in occupational therapy and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as clinical psychology or occupational therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Florida
- Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Florida
- Doctoral Degree in Occupational Therapy in Florida
Curious what studying Occupational Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Occupational Therapy Assistants||1,290||$58,150||16.2%|
|Occupational Therapy Aides||310||$27,580||19.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are occupational therapy related jobs in Florida