There are schools offering paralegal programs in Florida!
Schools Offering Paralegal Studies Programs in Florida
The top-ranked school in Florida with a paralegal program is University of Central Florida, which is located in Orlando. In 2010, it was ranked 20th nationwide. In 2010, University of Central Florida graduated 248 students from its paralegal program. The tuition rate at University of Central Florida was $5,021 per year.
Florida Gulf Coast University, which is located in Fort Myers, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a paralegal program. It received a ranking of 40th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 53 students graduated from Florida Gulf Coast University paralegal program. The tuition rate at Florida Gulf Coast University was $4,991 per year.
Nova Southeastern University, which was ranked 40th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a paralegal program. It is located in Fort Lauderdale. 10 students graduated with degree in paralegal from Nova Southeastern University in 2010. Nova Southeastern University charged in-state students $22,150 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Florida paralegal school, average tuition will be $9,443 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,158 per year to $22,150 per year. In 2010, the following Florida paralegal schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Nova Southeastern University - located in Fort Lauderdale, students are charged $22,150 per year
- Everest University-Largo - located in Largo, students are charged $19,104 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Miami - located in Miami, students are charged $18,048 per year
The paralegal schools in Florida that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Santa Fe College - located in Gainesville, students are charged $2,167 per year
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
A paralegal degree from a Florida school... what next?
A large number of Florida paralegal graduates become paralegals. 19,690 paralegals were working in Florida in 2010. In Florida, the largest numbers of paralegals work in the following counties:
- Miami-Dade County - 3,640 paralegals
- Broward County - 3,080 paralegals
- Hernando County - 2,790 paralegals
The government projects that by 2018, the number of paralegals in the state of Florida will grow to 26,100. This would require a 23% growth in the profession.
A paralegal in Florida earns $46,180 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Florida paralegals earned as little as less than $19,680 per year or as much as more than $73,960 per year. The counties in Florida with the highest average salary for a paralegal are:
- Miami-Dade County - $51,730 per year
- Palm Beach County - $50,940 per year
- Hernando County - $48,920 per year
The following counties in Florida have the lowest average salaries for paralegals:
- DeSoto County - $32,920 per year
- Charlotte County - $34,960 per year
- Okaloosa County - $36,180 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Florida statistics regarding a career in paralegal studies and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as homeland security or paralegal.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Florida
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies in Florida
Curious what studying Paralegal gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||19,690||$46,180||13.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paralegal related jobs in Florida