There are schools offering paramedic programs in Florida!
Schools Offering Paramedic Training Programs in Florida
The top-ranked school in Florida that has a paramedic program is Health Opportunity Technical Center. Health Opportunity Technical Center, which was ranked 56th in the country in 2010, is located in Miami. no students graduated with a certificate in paramedic from Health Opportunity Technical Center in 2010.
The second-ranked school in Florida with a paramedic program is Keiser Career College-Greenacres, which is located in West Palm Beach. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. 19 students graduated with certificate in paramedic from Keiser Career College-Greenacres in 2010. Students at Keiser Career College-Greenacres paid $14,176 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Florida with a paramedic program is Sarasota County Technical Institute, which is located in Sarasota. In 2010, it was ranked 66th nationwide. In 2010, 67 students graduated from Sarasota County Technical Institute paramedic program. Students at Sarasota County Technical Institute paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Florida paramedic school, average tuition will be $2,949 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,158 per year to $14,176 per year. In 2010, the paramedic schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Florida were:
- Keiser Career College-Greenacres - located in West Palm Beach, students are charged $14,176 per year
- City College Branch Campus - located in Gainesville, students are charged $12,866 per year
- City College - located in Casselberry, students are charged $12,240 per year
The paramedic schools in Florida that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Santa Fe College - located in Gainesville, students are charged $2,167 per year
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
A paramedic certificate from a Florida school... what next?
Most people who graduate from paramedic school in Florida go on to work as a paramedic. 8,910 paramedics were working in Florida in 2010. The largest populations of Florida paramedics are working in the following counties:
- Hernando County - 1,420 paramedics
- Broward County - 1,240 paramedics
- Miami-Dade County - 980 paramedics
The government projects that the number of paramedics in Florida will grow by 14%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 10,300 paramedics working in Florida.
On average, paramedics earn $31,670 per year. However, this number is only an average. paramedics in Florida had varying salaries from $17,350 to $52,190 per year in 2010. The following counties in Florida have the highest average salaries for paramedics:
- Palm Beach County - $37,430 per year
- Manatee County - $35,420 per year
- Lake County - $35,060 per year
The following counties in Florida have the lowest average salaries for paramedics:
- Marion County - $23,620 per year
- Miami-Dade County - $27,310 per year
- Gadsden County - $28,530 per year
For more data regarding a career in paramedic training in Florida and to compare salaries with various related fields such as paramedic or emergency management, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paramedic Training in Florida
- Certificate in Paramedic Training in Florida
Curious what studying Paramedic gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||8,910||$31,670||16.5%|
|Ambulance Drivers and Attendants, Except Emergency Medical Technicians||790||$26,300||21.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paramedic related jobs in Florida