There are schools offering personal training certifications in Florida!
Schools Offering Personal Training Programs in Florida
University of Miami, which was ranked 20th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Florida that has a personal training program. It is located in Miami. In 2010, 6 students graduated from University of Miami's personal training program. Students at University of Miami paid $37,836 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Florida with a personal training program is University of South Florida-Main Campus, which is located in Tampa. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. In 2010, University of South Florida-Main Campus graduated 27 students from its personal training program. Students at University of South Florida-Main Campus paid $5,198 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Florida with a personal training program is Florida International University, which is located in Miami. In 2010, it was ranked 31st nationwide. 12 students graduated with degree in personal training from Florida International University in 2010. The tuition rate at Florida International University was $5,102 per year.
If you choose to attend a Florida personal training school, average tuition will be $15,163 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $4,909 per year to $37,836 per year. In 2010, the personal training schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Florida were:
- University of Miami - located in Miami, students are charged $37,836 per year
- Barry University - located in Miami, students are charged $27,200 per year
- Florida Southern College - located in Lakeland, students are charged $24,662 per year
The following Florida personal training schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- University of North Florida - located in Jacksonville, students are charged $4,909 per year
- Florida Gulf Coast University - located in Fort Myers, students are charged $4,991 per year
- University of Florida - located in Gainesville, students are charged $5,044 per year
A personal training degree from a Florida school... what next?
Most people who graduate from personal training school in Florida go on to work as a personal trainer. If you decide to work as a personal trainer in Florida, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 12,130 Florida personal trainers as of 2010. The largest populations of Florida personal trainers are working in the following counties:
- Hernando County - 2,250 personal trainers
- Broward County - 1,610 personal trainers
- Baker County - 1,230 personal trainers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of personal trainers in the state of Florida will grow to 15,190. This would require a 19% growth in the profession.
A personal trainer in Florida earns $31,510 per year on average. However, Florida personal trainers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,550 per year to more than $75,930 per year in 2010. A personal trainer in the following Florida counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Bay County - $44,930 per year
- Lee County - $40,300 per year
- Miami-Dade County - $40,100 per year
A personal trainer in the following counties in Florida make the lowest salaries on average:
- Bradford County - $22,270 per year
- Brevard County - $23,450 per year
- Marion County - $24,850 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Florida statistics regarding a career in personal training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or physical therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Personal Training in Florida
- Master's Degree in Personal Training in Florida
Curious what studying Personal Training gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors||12,130||$31,510||17.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are personal training related jobs in Florida