There are schools offering pharmacy technician programs in Florida!
Schools Offering Pharmacy Technician Training Programs in Florida
Each year, roughly 0.3% of Florida students graduate with certificates in pharmacy technician training. Thus, Florida's 53 pharmacy technician schools put out approximately 1,643 pharmacy technicians each year.
The top-ranked school in Florida with a pharmacy technician program is Health Opportunity Technical Center, which is located in Miami. In 2010, it was ranked 56th nationwide. no students graduated with a certificate in pharmacy technician from Health Opportunity Technical Center in 2010.
The second-ranked school in Florida with a pharmacy technician program is Keiser Career College-Greenacres, which is located in West Palm Beach. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. In 2010, 41 students graduated from Keiser Career College-Greenacres pharmacy technician program. The tuition rate at Keiser Career College-Greenacres was $14,176 per year.
The third-ranked school in Florida with a pharmacy technician program is Pinellas Technical Education Center, which is located in Saint Petersburg. In 2010, it was ranked 67th nationwide. In 2010, 21 students graduated from Pinellas Technical Education Center pharmacy technician program. Students at Pinellas Technical Education Center paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Florida's pharmacy technician schools ranges from $19,104 per year to $2,214 per year. But, the average tuition is $6,542 per year. The Florida pharmacy technician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Everest University-Largo - located in Largo, students are charged $19,104 per year
- Schiller International University - located in Largo, students are charged $17,640 per year
- Fortis College - located in Tampa, students are charged $17,023 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Florida pharmacy technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Tallahassee Community College - located in Tallahassee, students are charged $2,214 per year
- Ridge Career Center - located in Winter Haven, students are charged $2,385 per year
- Florida State College at Jacksonville - located in Jacksonville, students are charged $2,450 per year
A pharmacy technician certificate from a Florida school... what next?
The highest percentage of pharmacy technician graduates in Florida pursue careers as a pharmacy technician. If you decide to work as a pharmacy technician in Florida, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 20,060 Florida pharmacy technicians as of 2010. The largest populations of Florida pharmacy technicians are working in the following counties:
- Hernando County - 3,690 pharmacy technicians
- Lake County - 3,010 pharmacy technicians
- Broward County - 2,180 pharmacy technicians
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 26,710 pharmacy technicians will be working in Florida state. This would require the number of pharmacy technicians to grow by 28%.
A pharmacy technician in Florida makes an average of $27,890 per year. In 2010, however, some Florida pharmacy technicians earned as little as less than $17,330 per year or as much as more than $42,770 per year. The counties in Florida with the highest average salary for a pharmacy technician are:
- Lee County - $31,560 per year
- Broward County - $29,790 per year
- Okaloosa County - $29,440 per year
A pharmacy technician in the following counties in Florida make the lowest salaries on average:
- Marion County - $24,970 per year
- Volusia County - $25,180 per year
- Indian River County - $25,650 per year
For more data regarding a career in pharmacy technician training in Florida and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or physician assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Pharmacy Technician Training in Florida
- Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Training in Florida
Curious what studying Pharmacy Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are pharmacy technician related jobs in Florida