There are schools offering phlebotomy certifications in Florida!
Schools Offering Phlebotomy Programs in Florida
Health Opportunity Technical Center, which was ranked 56th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Florida that has a phlebotomy program. It is located in Miami. In 2010, Health Opportunity Technical Center graduated no students from its phlebotomy program.
Superior Career Institute, which was ranked 65th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a phlebotomy program. It is located in Fort Lauderdale. In 2010, Superior Career Institute graduated 20 students from its phlebotomy program.
College of Business and Technology, which is located in Miami, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a phlebotomy program. It received a ranking of 68th in the country in 2010. Tuition at College of Business and Technology was $11,800 per year.
If you choose to attend a Florida phlebotomy school, average tuition will be $3,595 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,385 per year to $14,301 per year. The Florida phlebotomy schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Angley College - located in Deland, students are charged $14,301 per year
- City College Branch Campus - located in Gainesville, students are charged $12,866 per year
- College of Business and Technology-Cutler Bay - located in Miami, students are charged $12,010 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Florida phlebotomy schools were charged at the following schools:
- Ridge Career Center - located in Winter Haven, students are charged $2,385 per year
- Charlotte Technical Center - located in Port Charlotte, students are charged $3,134 per year
- College of Business and Technology-Flagler Campus - located in Miami, students are charged $11,800 per year
A phlebotomy certificate from a Florida school... what next?
The highest percentage of phlebotomy graduates in Florida pursue careers as a phlebotomist. If you decide to work as a phlebotomist in Florida, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 6,540 Florida phlebotomists as of 2010. In Florida, the largest numbers of phlebotomists work in the following counties:
- Hernando County - 1,380 phlebotomists
- Miami-Dade County - 960 phlebotomists
- Lake County - 920 phlebotomists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 8,880 phlebotomists will be working in Florida state. This would require the number of phlebotomists to grow by 20%.
On average, phlebotomists earn $35,540 per year. But, salaries for phlebotomists can vary. In 2010, phlebotomists made as little as less than $16,510 per year or as much as more than $62,060 per year in Florida. The counties in Florida with the highest average salary for a phlebotomist are:
- Collier County - $45,450 per year
- Lee County - $42,670 per year
- Baker County - $41,220 per year
The Florida counties with the lowest average salary for phlebotomists are:
- Miami-Dade County - $31,150 per year
- Lake County - $31,250 per year
- Escambia County - $32,470 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Florida statistics regarding a career in phlebotomy. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as allied health or phlebotomy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Phlebotomy in Florida
Curious what studying Phlebotomy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technicians||6,540||$35,540||4.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are phlebotomy related jobs in Florida