There are schools offering physical therapy programs in Florida!
Schools Offering Physical Therapy Programs in Florida
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Florida receive physical therapy degrees every year. That means an estimated 668 physical therapists graduate from Florida's 10 physical therapy schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Florida that has a physical therapy program is University of Miami. University of Miami, which was ranked 20th in the country in 2010, is located in Miami. 48 students graduated with a degree in physical therapy from University of Miami in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Miami was $37,836 per year.
The second-ranked school in Florida with a physical therapy program is University of Central Florida, which is located in Orlando. In 2010, it was ranked 20th nationwide. 29 students graduated with degree in physical therapy from University of Central Florida in 2010. Tuition at University of Central Florida was $5,021 per year.
University of South Florida-Main Campus, which is located in Tampa, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a physical therapy program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 30 students graduated from University of South Florida-Main Campus physical therapy program. Tuition at University of South Florida-Main Campus was $5,198 per year.
If you choose to attend a Florida physical therapy school, average tuition will be $9,489 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $4,635 per year to $37,836 per year. In 2010, the following Florida physical therapy schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Miami - located in Miami, students are charged $37,836 per year
- Nova Southeastern University - located in Fort Lauderdale, students are charged $22,150 per year
- University of South Florida-Main Campus - located in Tampa, students are charged $5,198 per year
The following Florida physical therapy schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University - located in Tallahassee, students are charged $4,635 per year
- University of North Florida - located in Jacksonville, students are charged $4,909 per year
- Florida Gulf Coast University - located in Fort Myers, students are charged $4,991 per year
A physical therapy degree from a Florida school... what next?
A large number of Florida physical therapy graduates become physical therapists. Florida had 11,070 physical therapists in 2010. In Florida, the largest numbers of physical therapists work in the following counties:
- Hernando County - 1,960 physical therapists
- Miami-Dade County - 1,660 physical therapists
- Lake County - 1,090 physical therapists
The government projects that the number of physical therapists in Florida will grow by 29%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 15,250 physical therapists working in Florida.
A physical therapist in Florida makes an average of $81,410 per year. In 2010, however, some Florida physical therapists earned as little as less than $26,970 per year or as much as more than $160,160 per year. The following counties in Florida have the highest average salaries for physical therapists:
- Lee County - $94,550 per year
- Baker County - $93,700 per year
- Collier County - $93,280 per year
The Florida counties with the lowest average salary for physical therapists are:
- DeSoto County - $65,760 per year
- Flagler County - $65,780 per year
- Gadsden County - $71,560 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Florida statistics regarding a career in physical therapy. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or sports medicine.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in Physical Therapy in Florida
- Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy in Florida
Curious what studying Physical Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are physical therapy related jobs in Florida