There are schools offering radiology technician programs in Florida!
Schools Offering Radiology Programs in Florida
The top-ranked school in Florida that has a radiology technician program is University of Central Florida. University of Central Florida, which was ranked 20th in the country in 2010, is located in Orlando. 19 students graduated with a degree in radiology technician from University of Central Florida in 2010. University of Central Florida charged in-state students $5,021 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Florida with a radiology technician program is Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale, which is located in Fort Lauderdale. In 2010, it was ranked 60th nationwide. 424 students graduated with degree in radiology technician from Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale in 2010. The tuition rate at Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale was $14,176 per year.
The third-ranked school in Florida with a radiology technician program is Advance Science Institute, which is located in Hialeah. In 2010, it was ranked 65th nationwide. 24 students graduated with degree in radiology technician from Advance Science Institute in 2010. Advance Science Institute charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Florida's radiology technician schools ranges from $14,328 per year to $2,158 per year. But, the average tuition is $2,932 per year. In 2010, the radiology technician schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Florida were:
- Everest University-Brandon - located in Tampa, students are charged $14,328 per year
- Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale - located in Fort Lauderdale, students are charged $14,176 per year
- Florida National College-Main Campus - located in Hialeah, students are charged $13,170 per year
The following Florida radiology technician schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Santa Fe College - located in Gainesville, students are charged $2,167 per year
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
A radiology technician degree from a Florida school... what next?
Most people who graduate from radiology technician school in Florida go on to work as a radiology technician. If you decide to work as a radiology technician in Florida, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 14,490 Florida radiology technicians as of 2010. In Florida, the largest numbers of radiology technicians work in the following counties:
- Hernando County - 2,090 radiology technicians
- Miami-Dade County - 1,900 radiology technicians
- Broward County - 1,470 radiology technicians
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 16,160 radiology technicians will be working in Florida state. This would require the number of radiology technicians to grow by 17%.
On average, radiology technicians earn $51,590 per year. The following counties in Florida have the highest average salaries for radiology technicians:
- Broward County - $57,650 per year
- DeSoto County - $55,680 per year
- Manatee County - $55,020 per year
A radiology technician in the following counties in Florida make the lowest salaries on average:
- Lake County - $46,180 per year
- Okaloosa County - $48,050 per year
- Escambia County - $48,170 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Florida statistics regarding a career in radiology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Radiology in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Radiology in Florida
- Certificate in Radiology in Florida
Curious what studying Radiology Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||19,610||$195,280||181.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are radiology technician related jobs in Florida