There are schools offering restaurant management degrees in Florida!
Schools Offering Restaurant Management Programs in Florida
Approximately 0.0% of graduates in of Florida receive restaurant management degrees every year. Thus, Florida's 11 restaurant management schools put out approximately 59 restaurant managers each year.
The top-ranked school in Florida with a restaurant management program is Valencia Community College, which is located in Orlando. In 2010, it was ranked 77th nationwide. In 2010, 38 students graduated from Valencia Community College's restaurant management program. Tuition at Valencia Community College was $2,752 per year.
Miami Dade College, which is located in Miami, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a restaurant management program. It received a ranking of 79th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Miami Dade College graduated 0 students from its restaurant management program. The tuition rate at Miami Dade College was $2,847 per year.
Hillsborough Community College, which was ranked 79th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a restaurant management program. It is located in Tampa. In 2010, Hillsborough Community College graduated 4 students from its restaurant management programs. Students at Hillsborough Community College paid $2,264 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Florida's restaurant management schools ranges from $24,429 per year to $2,158 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,438 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Florida restaurant management schools were charged at the following schools:
- Johnson & Wales University-Florida Campus - located in Miami, students are charged $24,429 per year
- Miami Dade College - located in Miami, students are charged $2,847 per year
- St Petersburg College - located in Clearwater, students are charged $2,822 per year
The restaurant management schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Florida were:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
- College of Central Florida - located in Ocala, students are charged $2,190 per year
A restaurant management degree from a Florida school... what next?
A large number of Florida restaurant management graduates become restaurant managers. Florida had 10,320 restaurant managers in 2010. The Florida counties with the largest populations of restaurant managers are:
- Lake County - 1,810 restaurant managers
- Hernando County - 1,490 restaurant managers
- Miami-Dade County - 1,110 restaurant managers
The government projects that the number of restaurant managers in Florida will grow by 1%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 18,060 restaurant managers working in Florida.
On average, restaurant managers earn $55,540 per year. However, Florida restaurant managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $29,050 per year to more than $120,510 per year in 2010. A restaurant manager in the following Florida counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Palm Beach County - $65,970 per year
- Broward County - $59,800 per year
- Indian River County - $59,200 per year
On average, restaurant managers earns the least in the following Florida counties:
- Marion County - $40,030 per year
- Polk County - $44,810 per year
- Calhoun County - $44,980 per year
For more data regarding a career in restaurant management in Florida and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or restaurant management, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Restaurant Management in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Restaurant Management in Florida
- Certificate in Restaurant Management in Florida
Curious what studying Restaurant Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Food Service Managers||10,320||$55,540||38.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are restaurant management related jobs in Florida