There are schools offering sociology degrees in Florida!
Schools Offering Sociology Programs in Florida
University of Miami, which was ranked 20th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Florida that has a sociology program. It is located in Miami. 11 students graduated with a degree in sociology from University of Miami in 2010. Students at University of Miami paid $37,836 per year in tuition fees.
University of Central Florida, which is located in Orlando, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a sociology program. It received a ranking of 20th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 82 students graduated from University of Central Florida sociology program. Students at University of Central Florida paid $5,021 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Florida with a sociology program is University of South Florida-Main Campus, which is located in Tampa. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. In 2010, University of South Florida-Main Campus graduated 130 students from its sociology programs. Tuition at University of South Florida-Main Campus was $5,198 per year.
Sociology schools in Florida, charge students an average tuition of $16,517 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $37,836 per year, or as little as $3,835 per year. In 2010, the sociology schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Florida were:
- University of Miami - located in Miami, students are charged $37,836 per year
- Rollins College - located in Winter Park, students are charged $37,640 per year
- Stetson University - located in De Land, students are charged $33,424 per year
The following Florida sociology schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Florida Atlantic University - located in Boca Raton, students are charged $3,835 per year
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University - located in Tallahassee, students are charged $4,635 per year
- University of North Florida - located in Jacksonville, students are charged $4,909 per year
A sociology degree from a Florida school... what next?
Most people who graduate from sociology school in Florida go on to work as a sociologist. In 2010, there were 50 sociologists working in Florida. The following counties have the largest number of Florida sociologists:
The government projects that by 2018, the number of sociologists in the state of Florida will grow to 110. This would require a 12% growth in the profession.
A sociologist in Florida earns $73,510 per year on average.
For more data regarding a career in sociology in Florida and to compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic psychology or school psychology, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sociology in Florida
- Master's Degree in Sociology in Florida
- Doctoral Degree in Sociology in Florida
Curious what studying Sociology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Sociology Teachers, Postsecondary||420||$78,070||0.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sociology related jobs in Florida