There are schools offering sonography programs in Florida!
Schools Offering Sonography Programs in Florida
Nova Southeastern University, which is located in Fort Lauderdale, is the top-ranked school in Florida that has a sonography program. It received a ranking of 44th in the country in 2010. 17 students graduated with a certificate in sonography from Nova Southeastern University in 2010. Students at Nova Southeastern University paid $22,150 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Florida that has a sonography program is Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale. Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale, which was ranked 60th in the country in 2010, is located in Fort Lauderdale. In 2010, 108 students graduated from Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale sonography program. The tuition rate at Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale was $14,176 per year.
ATI College of Health, which was ranked 60th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a sonography program. It is located in Miami. 70 students graduated with certificate in sonography from ATI College of Health in 2010. Tuition at ATI College of Health was $0 per year.
Sonography schools in Florida, charge students an average tuition of $5,642 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $27,200 per year, or as little as $2,158 per year. In 2010, the sonography schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Florida were:
- Barry University - located in Miami, students are charged $27,200 per year
- Nova Southeastern University - located in Fort Lauderdale, students are charged $22,150 per year
- Keiser Career College-Greenacres - located in West Palm Beach, students are charged $14,176 per year
The following Florida sonography schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Santa Fe College - located in Gainesville, students are charged $2,167 per year
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
A sonography certificate from a Florida school... what next?
A large number of Florida sonography graduates become sonographers. 4,880 sonographers were working in Florida in 2010. In Florida, the largest numbers of sonographers work in the following counties:
- Miami-Dade County - 840 sonographers
- Hernando County - 660 sonographers
- Palm Beach County - 650 sonographers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 5,620 sonographers will be working in Florida state. This would require the number of sonographers to grow by 18%.
A sonographer in Florida makes an average of $56,990 per year. But, salaries for sonographers can vary. In 2010, sonographers made as little as less than $26,570 per year or as much as more than $83,640 per year in Florida. The counties in Florida with the highest average salary for a sonographer are:
- Lee County - $66,260 per year
- Broward County - $62,870 per year
- Collier County - $62,730 per year
A sonographer in the following counties in Florida make the lowest salaries on average:
- Marion County - $49,740 per year
- Escambia County - $50,860 per year
- Alachua County - $52,220 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Florida statistics regarding a career in sonography. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as radiology technology or sonography.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Sonography in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Sonography in Florida
- Certificate in Sonography in Florida
Curious what studying Sonography gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Diagnostic Medical Sonographers||4,880||$56,990||31.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sonography related jobs in Florida