There are schools offering theology degrees in Florida!
Schools Offering Theology Programs in Florida
The top-ranked school in Florida that has a theology program is University of Miami. University of Miami, which was ranked 20th in the country in 2010, is located in Miami. 9 students graduated with a degree in theology from University of Miami in 2010. Students at University of Miami paid $37,836 per year in tuition fees.
University of Central Florida, which is located in Orlando, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a theology program. It received a ranking of 20th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 7 students graduated from University of Central Florida theology program. University of Central Florida charged in-state students $5,021 in tuition fees per year.
University of South Florida-Main Campus, which is located in Tampa, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a theology program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 43 students graduated from University of South Florida-Main Campus theology program. University of South Florida-Main Campus charged in-state students $5,198 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Florida's theology schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $14,370 per year, though tuition can range from $37,836 per year to $5,005 per year. In 2010, the theology schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Florida were:
- University of Miami - located in Miami, students are charged $37,836 per year
- Rollins College - located in Winter Park, students are charged $37,640 per year
- Stetson University - located in De Land, students are charged $33,424 per year
The following Florida theology schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- South Florida Bible College and Theological Seminary - located in Deerfield Beach, students are charged $5,005 per year
- University of Central Florida - located in Orlando, students are charged $5,021 per year
- University of Florida - located in Gainesville, students are charged $5,044 per year
A theology degree from a Florida school... what next?
The highest percentage of theology graduates in Florida pursue careers as a theologist. Florida had 800 theologists in 2010. The Florida counties with the largest populations of theologists are:
- Lake County - 140 theologists
- Hernando County - 140 theologists
- Miami-Dade County - 100 theologists
On average, a theologist earns a salary of $66,870 per year in Florida state. However, this number is only an average. theologists in Florida had varying salaries from $28,190 to $117,040 per year in 2010. The following counties in Florida have the highest average salaries for theologists:
- Miami-Dade County - $65,720 per year
- Hernando County - $65,640 per year
- Lake County - $63,360 per year
A theologist in the following counties in Florida make the lowest salaries on average:
- Baker County - $55,340 per year
- Palm Beach County - $58,600 per year
- Lake County - $63,360 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Florida statistics regarding a career in theology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as theology or christian counseling.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Theology in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Theology in Florida
- Master's Degree in Theology in Florida
- Doctoral Degree in Theology in Florida
Curious what studying Theology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Philosophy and Religion Teachers, Postsecondary||800||$66,870||90.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are theology related jobs in Florida