There are schools offering ultrasound technician programs in Florida!
Schools Offering Ultrasound Technology Programs in Florida
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Florida receive ultrasound technology certificates every year. Thus, Florida's 30 ultrasound technician schools put out approximately 863 ultrasound technicians each year.
The top-ranked school in Florida that has a ultrasound technician program is Nova Southeastern University. Nova Southeastern University, which was ranked 44th in the country in 2010, is located in Fort Lauderdale. In 2010, 17 students graduated from Nova Southeastern University's ultrasound technician program. The tuition rate at Nova Southeastern University was $22,150 per year.
The second-ranked school in Florida with a ultrasound technician program is Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale, which is located in Fort Lauderdale. In 2010, it was ranked 60th nationwide. In 2010, 108 students graduated from Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale ultrasound technician program. Students at Keiser University-Ft. Lauderdale paid $14,176 per year in tuition fees.
ATI College of Health, which is located in Miami, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a ultrasound technician program. It received a ranking of 60th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 70 students graduated from ATI College of Health ultrasound technician program. The tuition rate at ATI College of Health was $0 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Florida's ultrasound technician schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $5,642 per year, though tuition can range from $27,200 per year to $2,158 per year. The Florida ultrasound technician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Barry University - located in Miami, students are charged $27,200 per year
- Nova Southeastern University - located in Fort Lauderdale, students are charged $22,150 per year
- Keiser Career College-Greenacres - located in West Palm Beach, students are charged $14,176 per year
The following Florida ultrasound technician schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Santa Fe College - located in Gainesville, students are charged $2,167 per year
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
An ultrasound technician certificate from a Florida school... what next?
Most people who graduate from ultrasound technician school in Florida go on to work as an ultrasound technician. If you decide to work as an ultrasound technician in Florida, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 4,880 Florida ultrasound technicians as of 2010. In Florida, the largest numbers of ultrasound technicians work in the following counties:
- Miami-Dade County - 840 ultrasound technicians
- Hernando County - 660 ultrasound technicians
- Palm Beach County - 650 ultrasound technicians
The government projects that the number of ultrasound technicians in Florida will grow by 18%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 5,620 ultrasound technicians working in Florida.
An ultrasound technician in Florida earns $56,990 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Florida ultrasound technicians earned as little as less than $26,570 per year or as much as more than $83,640 per year. An ultrasound technician in the following Florida counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Lee County - $66,260 per year
- Broward County - $62,870 per year
- Collier County - $62,730 per year
An ultrasound technician in the following counties in Florida make the lowest salaries on average:
- Marion County - $49,740 per year
- Escambia County - $50,860 per year
- Alachua County - $52,220 per year
For more data regarding a career in ultrasound technology in Florida and to compare salaries with various related fields such as ultrasound technology or allied health, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Ultrasound Technology in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Ultrasound Technology in Florida
- Certificate in Ultrasound Technology in Florida
Curious what studying Ultrasound Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Diagnostic Medical Sonographers||4,880||$56,990||31.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are ultrasound technician related jobs in Florida