There are schools offering video production classes in Florida!
Schools Offering Video Production Programs in Florida
The top-ranked school in Florida that has a video production program is University of Miami. University of Miami, which was ranked 20th in the country in 2010, is located in Miami. In 2010, 88 students graduated from University of Miami's video production program. Tuition at University of Miami was $37,836 per year.
University of Central Florida, which is located in Orlando, is the second-ranked school in Florida that has a video production program. It received a ranking of 20th in the country in 2010. 86 students graduated with degree in video production from University of Central Florida in 2010. University of Central Florida charged in-state students $5,021 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Florida that has a video production program is Eckerd College. Eckerd College, which was ranked 35th in the country in 2010, is located in Saint Petersburg. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Eckerd College video production program. Students at Eckerd College paid $33,228 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Florida video production school, average tuition will be $11,043 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,158 per year to $37,836 per year. In 2010, the following Florida video production schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Miami - located in Miami, students are charged $37,836 per year
- Eckerd College - located in Saint Petersburg, students are charged $33,228 per year
- Lynn University - located in Boca Raton, students are charged $30,900 per year
The video production schools in Florida that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Santa Fe College - located in Gainesville, students are charged $2,167 per year
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
A video production degree from a Florida school... what next?
A large number of Florida video production graduates become video producers. In 2010, there were 1,080 video producers working in Florida. In Florida, the largest numbers of video producers work in the following counties:
- Miami-Dade County - 280 video producers
- Lake County - 260 video producers
- Hernando County - 150 video producers
The government projects that the number of video producers in Florida will shrink by -2%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 1,440 video producers working in Florida.
A video producer in Florida makes an average of $36,740 per year. In 2010, however, some Florida video producers earned as little as less than $18,300 per year or as much as more than $64,840 per year. On average a video producer earns the most in the following Florida counties:
- Lee County - $42,840 per year
- Broward County - $40,140 per year
- Palm Beach County - $39,820 per year
A video producer in the following counties in Florida make the lowest salaries on average:
- Baker County - $29,950 per year
- Miami-Dade County - $34,980 per year
- Lake County - $38,370 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Florida statistics regarding a career in video production. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as art or audio engineering.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Video Production in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Video Production in Florida
- Master's Degree in Video Production in Florida
- Certificate in Video Production in Florida
Curious what studying Video Production gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Camera Operators, Television, Video, and Motion Picture||1,080||$36,740||-12.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are video production related jobs in Florida