There are schools offering visual communications degrees in Florida!
Schools Offering Visual Communications Programs in Florida
Each year, roughly 0.2% of Florida students graduate with degrees in visual communications. In other words, every year an estimated 1,024 visual communications professionals graduate from Florida's 49 visual communications schools.
University of Miami, which is located in Miami, is the top-ranked school in Florida that has a visual communications program. It received a ranking of 20th in the country in 2010. 8 students graduated with a degree in visual communications from University of Miami in 2010. University of Miami charged in-state students $37,836 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Florida with a visual communications program is University of South Florida-Main Campus, which is located in Tampa. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. In 2010, 15 students graduated from University of South Florida-Main Campus visual communications program. Students at University of South Florida-Main Campus paid $5,198 per year in tuition fees.
Eckerd College, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Florida that has a visual communications program. It is located in Saint Petersburg. 7 students graduated with degree in visual communications from Eckerd College in 2010. Eckerd College charged in-state students $33,228 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Florida's visual communications schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $8,031 per year, though tuition can range from $37,836 per year to $2,158 per year. In 2010, the following Florida visual communications schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Miami - located in Miami, students are charged $37,836 per year
- Eckerd College - located in Saint Petersburg, students are charged $33,228 per year
- Ringling College of Art and Design - located in Sarasota, students are charged $32,290 per year
The visual communications schools in Florida that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Palm Beach State College - located in Lake Worth, students are charged $2,158 per year
- Santa Fe College - located in Gainesville, students are charged $2,167 per year
- Pensacola State College - located in Pensacola, students are charged $2,179 per year
A visual communications degree from a Florida school... what next?
visual communications graduates in Florida can go into a variety of professions such as video editor, audio visual technician, and artist. Florida had 15,850 visual communications professionals in 2010. 11,160 of these visual communications professionals were graphic designers, 1,810 were video editors, and 2,160 were audio visual technicians. The Florida counties with the largest populations of visual communications professional are:
- Lake County - 2,820 visual communications professionals
- Miami-Dade County - 2,410 visual communications professionals
- Hernando County - 2,380 visual communications professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of visual communications professionals in the state of Florida will grow to 25,700. This would require a 1% growth in the field.
visual communications professionals in Florida earn $39,060 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Florida visual communications professional earned as little as less than $15,640 per year or as much as more than $84,320 per year. The counties in Florida with the highest average salary for visual communications professionals are:
- Brevard County - $43,630 per year
- Marion County - $41,960 per year
- DeSoto County - $41,870 per year
The following counties in Florida have the lowest average salaries for visual communications professional:
- Bay County - $33,460 per year
- Bradford County - $34,130 per year
- Gadsden County - $34,350 per year
On average, the highest paid visual communications professionals in Florida were:
- Graphic Designer - $42,700 per year
- Video Editor - $39,520 per year
- Audio Visual Technician - $39,080 per year
On average, the lowest paid visual communications professionals in Florida were:
- Audio Visual Technician - $39,080 per year
- Artist - $34,940 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Florida statistics regarding a career in visual communications. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as visual communications or art.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Visual Communications in Florida
- Bachelor's Degree in Visual Communications in Florida
- Master's Degree in Visual Communications in Florida
- Certificate in Visual Communications in Florida
Curious what studying Visual Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Florida
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||2,160||$39,080||14.3%|
|Film and Video Editors||1,810||$39,520||151.4%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||720||$34,940||-47.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are visual communications related jobs in Florida