There are schools offering acting classes in Georgia!
Schools Offering Acting Programs in Georgia
Emory University, which is located in Atlanta, is the top-ranked school in Georgia that has a acting program. It received a ranking of 14th in the country in 2010. 15 students graduated with a degree in acting from Emory University in 2010. Tuition at Emory University was $39,158 per year.
University of Georgia, which was ranked 15th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Georgia that has a acting program. It is located in Athens. In 2010, 41 students graduated from University of Georgia acting program. Students at University of Georgia paid $8,736 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Georgia with a acting program is Mercer University, which is located in Macon. In 2010, it was ranked 34th nationwide. Tuition at Mercer University was $30,560 per year.
Acting schools in Georgia, charge students an average tuition of $16,996 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $39,158 per year, or as little as $4,454 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Georgia acting schools were charged at the following schools:
- Emory University - located in Atlanta, students are charged $39,158 per year
- Agnes Scott College - located in Decatur, students are charged $31,283 per year
- Mercer University - located in Macon, students are charged $30,560 per year
The acting schools in Georgia that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Georgia Southwestern State University - located in Americus, students are charged $4,454 per year
- Armstrong Atlantic State University - located in Savannah, students are charged $4,510 per year
- Clayton State University - located in Morrow, students are charged $4,566 per year
An acting degree from a Georgia school... what next?
A large number of Georgia acting graduates become actors. If you decide to work as an actor in Georgia, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 680 Georgia actors as of 2010. The Georgia counties with the largest populations of actors are:
- Barrow County - 260 actors
The government projects that by 2018, the number of actors in the state of Georgia will grow to 1,760. This would require a 52% growth in the profession.
On average, an actor earns a salary of $0 per year in Georgia state.
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Georgia statistics regarding a career in acting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as art or acting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Acting in Georgia
- Master's Degree in Acting in Georgia
Curious what studying Acting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Producers and Directors||1,960||$71,710||48.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are acting related jobs in Georgia