There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Georgia!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Georgia
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Tennessee
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Mississippi
- Administrative Assistant Courses in South Carolina
- Administrative Assistant Courses in North Carolina
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Alabama
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Florida
- See All Schools in Georgia
Each year, approximately 0.8% of Georgia graduates receive certificates in administrative assisting. In other words, every year an estimated 1,899 administrative assistants graduate from Georgia's 41 administrative assistant schools.
The top-ranked school in Georgia that has a administrative assistant program is Valdosta State University. Valdosta State University, which was ranked 41st in the country in 2010, is located in Valdosta. In 2010, Valdosta State University graduated 29 students from its administrative assistant program. The tuition rate at Valdosta State University was $5,406 per year.
The second-ranked school in Georgia that has a administrative assistant program is Interactive College of Technology. Interactive College of Technology, which was ranked 74th in the country in 2010, is located in Atlanta. In 2010, Interactive College of Technology graduated 0 students from its administrative assistant program. Tuition at Interactive College of Technology was $7,850 per year.
North Georgia Technical College, which is located in Clarkesville, is the third-ranked school in Georgia that has a administrative assistant program. It received a ranking of 75th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 53 students graduated from North Georgia Technical College administrative assistant program. Students at North Georgia Technical College paid $2,310 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Georgia's administrative assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,166 per year, though tuition can range from $11,010 per year to $1,863 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Georgia administrative assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Brown College of Court Reporting and Medical Transcription - located in Atlanta, students are charged $11,010 per year
- Gwinnett College - located in Lilburn, students are charged $9,250 per year
- Interactive College of Technology - located in Gainesville, students are charged $7,850 per year
The administrative assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Georgia were:
- Central Georgia Technical College - located in Macon, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Athens Technical College - located in Athens, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Gwinnett Technical College - located in Lawrenceville, students are charged $2,064 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a Georgia school... what next?
The highest percentage of administrative assistant graduates in Georgia pursue careers as an administrative assistant. Georgia had 40,960 administrative assistants in 2010. The largest populations of Georgia administrative assistants are working in the following counties:
- Barrow County - 29,130 administrative assistants
- Burke County - 1,630 administrative assistants
- Bryan County - 1,590 administrative assistants
The government projects that the number of administrative assistants in Georgia will grow by 17%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 70,190 administrative assistants working in Georgia.
On average, administrative assistants earn $42,770 per year. In 2010, however, some Georgia administrative assistants earned as little as less than $24,370 per year or as much as more than $66,570 per year. The following counties in Georgia have the highest average salaries for administrative assistants:
- Barrow County - $44,710 per year
- Hall County - $42,620 per year
- Houston County - $42,540 per year
The Georgia counties with the lowest average salary for administrative assistants are:
- Brooks County - $34,810 per year
- Floyd County - $35,110 per year
- Banks County - $35,510 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Georgia statistics regarding a career in administrative assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Georgia
- Bachelor's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Georgia
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Georgia
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||81,980||$24,800||12.1%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||43,480||$29,250||-17.4%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||40,960||$42,770||-5.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Georgia