There are schools offering advertising programs in Georgia!
Schools Offering Advertising Programs in Georgia
The top-ranked school in Georgia with a advertising program is University of Georgia, which is located in Athens. In 2010, it was ranked 15th nationwide. In 2010, University of Georgia graduated 294 students from its advertising program. The tuition rate at University of Georgia was $8,736 per year.
Shorter University, which was ranked 43rd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Georgia that has a advertising program. It is located in Rome. In 2010, Shorter University graduated 1 students from its advertising program. Shorter University charged in-state students $17,070 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Georgia that has a advertising program is Wesleyan College. Wesleyan College, which was ranked 44th in the country in 2010, is located in Macon. In 2010, Wesleyan College graduated 5 students from its advertising programs. Wesleyan College charged in-state students $18,000 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Georgia's advertising schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $13,780 per year, though tuition can range from $18,025 per year to $5,340 per year. The Georgia advertising schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Portfolio Center - located in Atlanta, students are charged $18,025 per year
- Wesleyan College - located in Macon, students are charged $18,000 per year
- The Art Institute of Atlanta - located in Atlanta, students are charged $17,496 per year
The advertising schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Georgia were:
- Georgia Southern University - located in Statesboro, students are charged $5,340 per year
- University of Georgia - located in Athens, students are charged $8,736 per year
- Paine College - located in Augusta, students are charged $11,794 per year
An advertising degree from a Georgia school... what next?
A large number of Georgia advertising graduates become advertisers. If you decide to work as an advertiser in Georgia, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 5,760 Georgia advertisers as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Georgia advertisers:
- Barrow County - 4,390 advertisers
- Bryan County - 200 advertisers
- Burke County - 180 advertisers
The government projects that the number of advertisers in Georgia will grow by 25%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 10,140 advertisers working in Georgia.
On average, advertisers earn $49,970 per year. In 2010, however, some Georgia advertisers earned as little as less than $15,730 per year or as much as more than $96,020 per year. An advertiser in the following Georgia counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Barrow County - $54,880 per year
- Russell County - $45,940 per year
- Banks County - $38,700 per year
The following counties in Georgia have the lowest average salaries for advertisers:
- Floyd County - $22,940 per year
- Appling County - $30,060 per year
- Hall County - $30,580 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Georgia statistics regarding a career in advertising and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business administration or small business.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Advertising in Georgia
- Certificate in Advertising in Georgia
Curious what studying Advertising gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Advertising Sales Agents||5,760||$49,970||30.6%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||1,480||$97,440||62.6%|
|Advertising and Promotions Managers||1,020||$109,610||-21.5%|
|Writers and Authors||760||$56,290||-10.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are advertising related jobs in Georgia