There are schools offering business administration degrees in Georgia!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in Georgia
Approximately 3.8% of graduates in of Georgia receive business administration degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 9,357 general managers graduate from Georgia's 87 business administration schools.
Emory University, which was ranked 14th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Georgia that has a business administration program. It is located in Atlanta. 501 students graduated with a degree in business administration from Emory University in 2010. Tuition at Emory University was $39,158 per year.
The second-ranked school in Georgia with a business administration program is University of Georgia, which is located in Athens. In 2010, it was ranked 15th nationwide. In 2010, 499 students graduated from University of Georgia business administration program. University of Georgia charged in-state students $8,736 in tuition fees per year.
Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus, which was ranked 15th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Georgia that has a business administration program. It is located in Atlanta. 664 students graduated with degree in business administration from Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus in 2010. Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus charged in-state students $8,716 in tuition fees per year.
Business administration schools in Georgia, charge students an average tuition of $8,853 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $39,158 per year, or as little as $1,863 per year. In 2010, the business administration schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Georgia were:
- Emory University - located in Atlanta, students are charged $39,158 per year
- Mercer University - located in Macon, students are charged $30,560 per year
- Oglethorpe University - located in Atlanta, students are charged $27,950 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Georgia business administration schools were charged at the following schools:
- Athens Technical College - located in Athens, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Central Georgia Technical College - located in Macon, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Gwinnett Technical College - located in Lawrenceville, students are charged $2,064 per year
A business administration degree from a Georgia school... what next?
A large number of Georgia business administration graduates become general managers. Georgia had 73,380 general managers in 2010. The Georgia counties with the largest populations of general managers are:
- Barrow County - 49,130 general managers
- Burke County - 2,810 general managers
- Bryan County - 2,640 general managers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 86,540 general managers will be working in Georgia state. This would require the number of general managers to grow by 4%.
On average, a general manager earns a salary of $102,240 per year in Georgia state. However, this number is only an average. general managers in Georgia had varying salaries from $39,750 to $164,530 per year in 2010. On average a general manager earns the most in the following Georgia counties:
- Barrow County - $109,030 per year
- Hall County - $106,610 per year
- Clarke County - $95,340 per year
The Georgia counties with the lowest average salary for general managers are:
- Appling County - $76,160 per year
- Liberty County - $77,170 per year
- Brooks County - $77,560 per year
For more data regarding a career in business administration in Georgia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as project management or administrative assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in Georgia
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Georgia
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in Georgia
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in Georgia
- Certificate in Business Administration in Georgia
Curious what studying Business Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||73,380||$102,240||-1.6%|
|Administrative Services Managers||10,120||$80,050||2.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business administration related jobs in Georgia