There are schools offering civil engineering degrees in Georgia!
Schools Offering Civil Engineering Programs in Georgia
Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus, which was ranked 19th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Georgia that has a civil engineering program. It is located in Atlanta. 283 students graduated with a degree in civil engineering from Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus in 2010. Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus charged in-state students $8,716 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Georgia that has a civil engineering program is Georgia Southern University. Georgia Southern University, which was ranked 67th in the country in 2010, is located in Statesboro. In 2010, Georgia Southern University graduated 29 students from its civil engineering program. Georgia Southern University charged in-state students $5,340 in tuition fees per year.
Altamaha Technical College, which is located in Jesup, is the third-ranked school in Georgia that has a civil engineering program. It received a ranking of 77th in the country in 2010. The tuition rate at Altamaha Technical College was $2,268 per year.
Civil engineering schools in Georgia, charge students an average tuition of $4,191 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $8,716 per year, or as little as $1,863 per year. In 2010, the civil engineering schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Georgia were:
- Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus - located in Atlanta, students are charged $8,716 per year
- Savannah State University - located in Savannah, students are charged $5,624 per year
- Georgia Southern University - located in Statesboro, students are charged $5,340 per year
The civil engineering schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Georgia were:
- Central Georgia Technical College - located in Macon, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Altamaha Technical College - located in Jesup, students are charged $2,268 per year
- Southern Crescent Technical College - located in Griffin, students are charged $2,268 per year
A civil engineering degree from a Georgia school... what next?
The highest percentage of civil engineering graduates in Georgia pursue careers as a civil engineer. 5,540 civil engineers were working in Georgia in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Georgia civil engineers:
- Barrow County - 3,850 civil engineers
- Burke County - 1,230 civil engineers
- Bryan County - 210 civil engineers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 4,380 civil engineers will be working in Georgia state. This would require the number of civil engineers to grow by 10%.
On average, civil engineers earn $72,720 per year. However, Georgia civil engineers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $34,930 per year to more than $162,820 per year in 2010. The counties in Georgia with the highest average salary for a civil engineer are:
- Clarke County - $90,520 per year
- Bibb County - $81,710 per year
- Barrow County - $74,420 per year
The Georgia counties with the lowest average salary for civil engineers are:
- Appling County - $52,570 per year
- Bulloch County - $53,210 per year
- Baker County - $54,020 per year
For more data regarding a career in civil engineering in Georgia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as civil engineering or drafting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Civil Engineering in Georgia
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering in Georgia
- Master's Degree in Civil Engineering in Georgia
- Doctoral Degree in Civil Engineering in Georgia
- Certificate in Civil Engineering in Georgia
Curious what studying Civil Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters||1,590||$46,970||-26.4%|
|Civil Engineering Technicians||1,140||$41,800||-55.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are civil engineering related jobs in Georgia