There are schools offering communications degreess in Georgia!
Schools Offering Communications Programs in Georgia
Each year, approximately 0.3% of Georgia graduates receive degrees in communications. In other words, every year an estimated 749 communications professionals graduate from Georgia's 28 communications schools.
The top-ranked school in Georgia that has a communications program is University of Georgia. University of Georgia, which was ranked 15th in the country in 2010, is located in Athens. In 2010, 111 students graduated from University of Georgia's communications program. University of Georgia charged in-state students $8,736 in tuition fees per year.
Georgia State University, which was ranked 32nd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Georgia that has a communications program. It is located in Atlanta. In 2010, 72 students graduated from Georgia State University communications program. Georgia State University charged in-state students $8,698 in tuition fees per year.
Mercer University, which was ranked 32nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Georgia that has a communications program. It is located in Macon. In 2010, Mercer University graduated 15 students from its communications programs. Mercer University charged in-state students $30,560 in tuition fees per year.
Communications schools in Georgia, charge students an average tuition of $10,379 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $30,560 per year, or as little as $2,280 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Georgia communications schools were charged at the following schools:
- Mercer University - located in Macon, students are charged $30,560 per year
- Berry College - located in Mount Berry, students are charged $24,620 per year
- Brenau University - located in Gainesville, students are charged $20,130 per year
The communications schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Georgia were:
- Augusta Technical College - located in Augusta, students are charged $2,280 per year
- Macon State College - located in Macon, students are charged $2,354 per year
- Georgia Military College-Milledgeville Campus - located in Milledgeville, students are charged $4,422 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Georgia statistics regarding a career in communications and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as advertising or business writing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Communications in Georgia
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications in Georgia
- Master's Degree in Communications in Georgia
- Doctoral Degree in Communications in Georgia
Curious what studying Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Advertising Sales Agents||5,760||$49,970||30.6%|
|Demonstrators and Product Promoters||1,150||$28,790||-57.9%|
|Radio and Television Announcers||880||$35,990||0.0%|
|Reporters and Correspondents||760||$54,350||-12.6%|
|Writers and Authors||760||$56,290||-10.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are communications related jobs in Georgia