There are schools offering computer networking courses in Georgia!
Schools Offering Computer Networking Programs in Georgia
Each year, roughly 0.8% of Georgia students graduate with degrees in computer networking. That means an estimated 2,024 computer network administrators graduate from Georgia's 39 computer networking schools each year.
North Georgia Technical College, which is located in Clarkesville, is the top-ranked school in Georgia that has a computer networking program. It received a ranking of 75th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 33 students graduated from North Georgia Technical College's computer networking program. North Georgia Technical College charged in-state students $2,310 in tuition fees per year.
Sandersville Technical College, which was ranked 77th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Georgia that has a computer networking program. It is located in Sandersville. In 2010, Sandersville Technical College graduated 31 students from its computer networking program. Sandersville Technical College charged in-state students $2,268 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Georgia with a computer networking program is Altamaha Technical College, which is located in Jesup. In 2010, it was ranked 77th nationwide. 1 students graduated with degree in computer networking from Altamaha Technical College in 2010. Tuition at Altamaha Technical College was $2,268 per year.
If you choose to attend a Georgia computer networking school, average tuition will be $5,839 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,863 per year to $18,466 per year. In 2010, the following Georgia computer networking schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Bauder College - located in Atlanta, students are charged $18,466 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Duluth - located in Duluth, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Atlanta - located in Atlanta, students are charged $18,048 per year
The computer networking schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Georgia were:
- Central Georgia Technical College - located in Macon, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Athens Technical College - located in Athens, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Gwinnett Technical College - located in Lawrenceville, students are charged $2,064 per year
A computer networking degree from a Georgia school... what next?
Most people who graduate from computer networking school in Georgia go on to work as a computer network administrator. In 2010, there were 9,550 computer network administrators working in Georgia. The following counties have the largest number of Georgia computer network administrators:
- Barrow County - 7,180 computer network administrators
- Burke County - 300 computer network administrators
- Appling County - 290 computer network administrators
The government projects that by 2018, the number of computer network administrators in the state of Georgia will grow to 14,640. This would require a 28% growth in the profession.
A computer network administrator in Georgia makes an average of $72,630 per year. On average a computer network administrator earns the most in the following Georgia counties:
- Barrow County - $76,450 per year
- Hall County - $75,160 per year
- Murray County - $70,860 per year
On average, computer network administrators earns the least in the following Georgia counties:
- Floyd County - $48,640 per year
- Brooks County - $50,460 per year
- Bulloch County - $51,960 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Georgia statistics regarding a career in computer networking and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer science or computer networking.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Networking in Georgia
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Networking in Georgia
- Master's Degree in Computer Networking in Georgia
- Certificate in Computer Networking in Georgia
Curious what studying Computer Networking gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||170||$48,440||-52.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer networking related jobs in Georgia