There are schools offering cosmetology programs in Georgia!
Schools Offering Cosmetology Programs in Georgia
Michael's School of Beauty, which is located in Macon, is the top-ranked school in Georgia that has a cosmetology program. It received a ranking of 65th in the country in 2010. 47 students graduated with a certificate in cosmetology from Michael's School of Beauty in 2010.
Cobb Beauty College Inc, which is located in Kennesaw, is the second-ranked school in Georgia that has a cosmetology program. It received a ranking of 66th in the country in 2010. 6 students graduated with certificate in cosmetology from Cobb Beauty College Inc in 2010.
Fayette Beauty Academy, which is located in Fayetteville, is the third-ranked school in Georgia that has a cosmetology program. It received a ranking of 67th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 18 students graduated from Fayette Beauty Academy cosmetology program. Fayette Beauty Academy charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Georgia's cosmetology schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $1,534 per year, though tuition can range from $14,653 per year to $1,863 per year. In 2010, the cosmetology schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Georgia were:
- American Professional Institute - located in Macon, students are charged $14,653 per year
- Wiregrass Georgia Technical College - located in Valdosta, students are charged $2,528 per year
- Columbus Technical College - located in Columbus, students are charged $2,468 per year
The following Georgia cosmetology schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Athens Technical College - located in Athens, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Central Georgia Technical College - located in Macon, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Gwinnett Technical College - located in Lawrenceville, students are charged $2,064 per year
A cosmetology certificate from a Georgia school... what next?
Most people who graduate from cosmetology school in Georgia go on to work as a cosmetologist. In 2010, there were 7,480 cosmetologists working in Georgia. The following counties have the largest number of Georgia cosmetologists:
- Barrow County - 5,430 cosmetologists
- Burke County - 330 cosmetologists
- Bryan County - 270 cosmetologists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of cosmetologists in the state of Georgia will grow to 17,780. This would require a 35% growth in the profession.
On average, a cosmetologist earns a salary of $24,350 per year in Georgia state. But, salaries for cosmetologists can vary. In 2010, cosmetologists made as little as less than $15,380 per year or as much as more than $64,010 per year in Georgia. A cosmetologist in the following Georgia counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Floyd County - $31,250 per year
- Bryan County - $28,620 per year
- Clarke County - $27,530 per year
A cosmetologist in the following counties in Georgia make the lowest salaries on average:
- Murray County - $17,090 per year
- Appling County - $18,520 per year
- Bulloch County - $19,180 per year
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Cosmetology in Georgia
Curious what studying Cosmetology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||7,480||$24,350||-25.7%|
|Manicurists and Pedicurists||300||$18,330||114.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are cosmetology related jobs in Georgia