There are schools offering design programs in Georgia!
Schools Offering Design Programs in Georgia
Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus, which is located in Atlanta, is the top-ranked school in Georgia that has a design program. It received a ranking of 19th in the country in 2010. 33 students graduated with a degree in design from Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus in 2010. Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus charged in-state students $8,716 in tuition fees per year.
Valdosta State University, which was ranked 41st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Georgia that has a design program. It is located in Valdosta. In 2010, 16 students graduated from Valdosta State University design program. Valdosta State University charged in-state students $5,406 in tuition fees per year.
Brenau University, which was ranked 41st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Georgia that has a design program. It is located in Gainesville. In 2010, Brenau University graduated 19 students from its design programs. The tuition rate at Brenau University was $20,130 per year.
Tuition at Georgia's design schools ranges from $29,570 per year to $1,863 per year. But, the average tuition is $9,795 per year. In 2010, the following Georgia design schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Savannah College of Art and Design - located in Savannah, students are charged $29,570 per year
- The Creative Circus - located in Atlanta, students are charged $20,526 per year
- Brenau University - located in Gainesville, students are charged $20,130 per year
The following Georgia design schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Athens Technical College - located in Athens, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Central Georgia Technical College - located in Macon, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Gwinnett Technical College - located in Lawrenceville, students are charged $2,064 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Georgia statistics regarding a career in design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as fashion design or drafting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Design in Georgia
- Bachelor's Degree in Design in Georgia
- Master's Degree in Design in Georgia
- Certificate in Design in Georgia
Curious what studying Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Commercial and Industrial Designers||520||$58,440||-14.8%|
|Set and Exhibit Designers||240||$42,890||166.7%|
|Designers, All Other||230||$53,390||-47.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are design related jobs in Georgia