There are schools offering educational leadership programs in Georgia!
Schools Offering Educational Leadership Programs in Georgia
Each year, approximately 0.4% of Georgia graduates receive degrees in educational leadership. Thus, Georgia's 23 educational leadership schools put out approximately 1,103 educational leadership professonals each year.
The top-ranked school in Georgia with a educational leadership program is University of Georgia, which is located in Athens. In 2010, it was ranked 15th nationwide. 98 students graduated with a degree in educational leadership from University of Georgia in 2010. Students at University of Georgia paid $8,736 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Georgia that has a educational leadership program is Georgia State University. Georgia State University, which was ranked 32nd in the country in 2010, is located in Atlanta. In 2010, Georgia State University graduated 89 students from its educational leadership program. Georgia State University charged in-state students $8,698 in tuition fees per year.
Mercer University, which was ranked 32nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Georgia that has a educational leadership program. It is located in Macon. In 2010, Mercer University graduated 103 students from its educational leadership programs. Mercer University charged in-state students $30,560 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Georgia's educational leadership schools ranges from $30,560 per year to $2,268 per year. But, the average tuition is $11,310 per year. In 2010, the following Georgia educational leadership schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Mercer University - located in Macon, students are charged $30,560 per year
- Covenant College - located in Lookout Mountain, students are charged $26,226 per year
- Berry College - located in Mount Berry, students are charged $24,620 per year
The following Georgia educational leadership schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Southwest Georgia Technical College - located in Thomasville, students are charged $2,268 per year
- Georgia Southwestern State University - located in Americus, students are charged $4,454 per year
- Armstrong Atlantic State University - located in Savannah, students are charged $4,510 per year
An educational leadership degree from a Georgia school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs educational leadership graduates in Georgia pursue include preschool director, dean, and distance learning coordinator. If you decide to work as an educational leadership professonal in Georgia, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 13,220 Georgia educational leadership professonal as of 2010. This number includes 7,190 middle school principals, 1,050 preschool directors, and 4,150 deans. In Georgia, the largest numbers of educational leadership professonal work in the following counties:
- Barrow County - 7,510 educational leadership professonals
- Appling County - 700 educational leadership professonals
- Burke County - 630 educational leadership professonals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 16,570 educational leadership professonals will be working in Georgia. This would require the number of educational leadership professonal to grow by 18%.
On average, educational leadership professonals earn a salary of $79,963 per year in Georgia state. However, Georgia educational leadership professonal earned anywhere in the range from as less than $24,300 per year to more than $150,670 per year in 2010. The counties in Georgia with the highest average salary for educational leadership professonals are:
- Bryan County - $97,025 per year
- Clarke County - $88,350 per year
- Baker County - $87,620 per year
Educational leadership professonals in the following counties in Georgia make the lowest salaries on average:
- Brantley County - $72,610 per year
- Bulloch County - $73,143 per year
- Baldwin County - $74,277 per year
On average, the highest paid educational leadership professonals in Georgia were:
- Dean - $101,290 per year
- Middle School Principal - $85,690 per year
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $82,180 per year
The educational leadership professonals with lowest average salaries in Georgia were:
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $82,180 per year
- Preschool Director - $50,690 per year
For more data regarding a career in educational leadership in Georgia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as educational leadership or special education, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in Educational Leadership in Georgia
- Doctoral Degree in Educational Leadership in Georgia
- Certificate in Educational Leadership in Georgia
Curious what studying Educational Leadership gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||7,190||$85,690||1.0%|
|Education Administrators, Postsecondary||4,150||$101,290||22.4%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||1,050||$50,690||-52.3%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||830||$82,180||-1.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are educational leadership related jobs in Georgia