There are schools offering elementary education degrees in Georgia!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in Georgia
Around 0.8% of Georgia's graduates graduate from elementary education degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 2,085 elementary educators graduate from Georgia's 19 elementary education schools.
The top-ranked school in Georgia with a elementary education program is University of Georgia, which is located in Athens. In 2010, it was ranked 15th nationwide. In 2010, University of Georgia graduated 3 students from its elementary education program. Students at University of Georgia paid $8,736 per year in tuition fees.
Mercer University, which is located in Macon, is the second-ranked school in Georgia that has a elementary education program. It received a ranking of 34th in the country in 2010. 303 students graduated with degree in elementary education from Mercer University in 2010. The tuition rate at Mercer University was $30,560 per year.
The third-ranked school in Georgia with a elementary education program is Covenant College, which is located in Lookout Mountain. In 2010, it was ranked 37th nationwide. In 2010, 51 students graduated from Covenant College elementary education program. Tuition at Covenant College was $26,226 per year.
Tuition at Georgia's elementary education schools ranges from $30,560 per year to $2,570 per year. But, the average tuition is $12,596 per year. The Georgia elementary education schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Mercer University - located in Macon, students are charged $30,560 per year
- Covenant College - located in Lookout Mountain, students are charged $26,226 per year
- LaGrange College - located in Lagrange, students are charged $22,208 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Georgia elementary education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Gainesville State College - located in Oakwood, students are charged $2,570 per year
- Gordon College - located in Barnesville, students are charged $3,074 per year
- Georgia Southwestern State University - located in Americus, students are charged $4,454 per year
An elementary education degree from a Georgia school... what next?
The highest percentage of elementary education graduates in Georgia pursue careers as an elementary educator. 48,120 elementary educators were working in Georgia in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Georgia elementary educators:
- Barrow County - 26,440 elementary educators
- Banks County - 2,820 elementary educators
- Burke County - 2,660 elementary educators
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 61,680 elementary educators will be working in Georgia state. This would require the number of elementary educators to grow by 32%.
An elementary educator in Georgia earns $53,190 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. elementary educators in Georgia had varying salaries from $25,730 to $76,520 per year in 2010. The following counties in Georgia have the highest average salaries for elementary educators:
- Clarke County - $56,110 per year
- Barrow County - $54,210 per year
- Baldwin County - $53,510 per year
The Georgia counties with the lowest average salary for elementary educators are:
- Hall County - $48,780 per year
- Brooks County - $48,980 per year
- Bibb County - $49,160 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Georgia statistics regarding a career in elementary education. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as ESL or early childhood education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in Georgia
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in Georgia
- Doctoral Degree in Elementary Education in Georgia
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||48,120||$53,190||-7.6%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||9,610||$52,070||37.1%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||7,190||$85,690||1.0%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||6,170||$50,280||-17.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in Georgia