There are schools offering EMT training in Georgia!
Schools Offering Emergency Medical Training Programs in Georgia
Around 0.5% of Georgia's graduates graduate from emergency medical training certificate programs every year. That means an estimated 1,275 emergency medical technicians graduate from Georgia's 28 EMT schools each year.
Medix College, which is located in Smyrna, is the top-ranked school in Georgia that has a EMT program. It received a ranking of 72nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 112 students graduated from Medix College's EMT program.
North Georgia Technical College, which was ranked 75th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Georgia that has a EMT program. It is located in Clarkesville. 52 students graduated with certificate in EMT from North Georgia Technical College in 2010. North Georgia Technical College charged in-state students $2,310 in tuition fees per year.
Altamaha Technical College, which was ranked 75th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Georgia that has a EMT program. It is located in Jesup. 8 students graduated with certificate in EMT from Altamaha Technical College in 2010. Students at Altamaha Technical College paid $2,268 per year in tuition fees.
Emt schools in Georgia, charge students an average tuition of $2,231 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $3,086 per year, or as little as $1,863 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Georgia EMT schools were charged at the following schools:
- Bainbridge College - located in Bainbridge, students are charged $3,086 per year
- Darton College - located in Albany, students are charged $2,714 per year
- Wiregrass Georgia Technical College - located in Valdosta, students are charged $2,528 per year
The EMT schools in Georgia that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Athens Technical College - located in Athens, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Central Georgia Technical College - located in Macon, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Gwinnett Technical College - located in Lawrenceville, students are charged $2,064 per year
An EMT certificate from a Georgia school... what next?
Most people who graduate from EMT school in Georgia go on to work as an emergency medical technician. Georgia had 8,050 emergency medical technicians in 2010. The Georgia counties with the largest populations of emergency medical technicians are:
- Barrow County - 3,660 emergency medical technicians
- Burke County - 740 emergency medical technicians
- Appling County - 720 emergency medical technicians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of emergency medical technicians in the state of Georgia will grow to 6,780. This would require a 21% growth in the profession.
On average, emergency medical technicians earn $30,960 per year. But, salaries for emergency medical technicians can vary. In 2010, emergency medical technicians made as little as less than $16,760 per year or as much as more than $55,600 per year in Georgia. On average an emergency medical technician earns the most in the following Georgia counties:
- Russell County - $37,820 per year
- Baker County - $34,050 per year
- Barrow County - $32,700 per year
An emergency medical technician in the following counties in Georgia make the lowest salaries on average:
- Bulloch County - $25,550 per year
- Appling County - $25,800 per year
- Baldwin County - $28,720 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Georgia statistics regarding a career in emergency medical training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse assisting or paramedic.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Emergency Medical Training in Georgia
- Certificate in Emergency Medical Training in Georgia
Curious what studying EMT gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||8,050||$30,960||11.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are EMT related jobs in Georgia