There are schools offering fashion design courses in Georgia!
Schools Offering Fashion Design Programs in Georgia
Around 0.1% of Georgia's graduates graduate from fashion design degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 272 fashion designers graduate from Georgia's 7 fashion design schools.
University of Georgia, which is located in Athens, is the top-ranked school in Georgia that has a fashion design program. It received a ranking of 15th in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of Georgia graduated 8 students from its fashion design program. University of Georgia charged in-state students $8,736 in tuition fees per year.
Brenau University, which is located in Gainesville, is the second-ranked school in Georgia that has a fashion design program. It received a ranking of 45th in the country in 2010. 3 students graduated with degree in fashion design from Brenau University in 2010. Tuition at Brenau University was $20,130 per year.
Georgia Southern University, which was ranked 45th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Georgia that has a fashion design program. It is located in Statesboro. In 2010, 39 students graduated from Georgia Southern University fashion design program. Students at Georgia Southern University paid $5,340 per year in tuition fees.
Fashion design schools in Georgia, charge students an average tuition of $16,523 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $29,570 per year, or as little as $5,340 per year. The Georgia fashion design schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Savannah College of Art and Design - located in Savannah, students are charged $29,570 per year
- Brenau University - located in Gainesville, students are charged $20,130 per year
- Bauder College - located in Atlanta, students are charged $18,466 per year
The fashion design schools in Georgia that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Georgia Southern University - located in Statesboro, students are charged $5,340 per year
- University of Georgia - located in Athens, students are charged $8,736 per year
- American InterContinental University - located in Atlanta, students are charged $15,465 per year
A fashion design degree from a Georgia school... what next?
The highest percentage of fashion design graduates in Georgia pursue careers as a fashion designer. If you decide to work as a fashion designer in Georgia, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 120 Georgia fashion designers as of 2010. The largest populations of Georgia fashion designers are working in the following counties:
- Barrow County - 60 fashion designers
On average, fashion designers earn $62,260 per year. However, this number is only an average. fashion designers in Georgia had varying salaries from $19,310 to $114,550 per year in 2010. A fashion designer in the following Georgia counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Barrow County - $58,720 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Georgia statistics regarding a career in fashion design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as fashion merchandising or fashion design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Fashion Design in Georgia
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Design in Georgia
- Master's Degree in Fashion Design in Georgia
Curious what studying Fashion Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are fashion design related jobs in Georgia