There are schools offering graphic design degrees in Georgia!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in Georgia
The top-ranked school in Georgia with a graphic design program is Brenau University, which is located in Gainesville. In 2010, it was ranked 45th nationwide. In 2010, Brenau University graduated 5 students from its graphic design program. Students at Brenau University paid $20,130 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Georgia that has a graphic design program is Georgia Southern University. Georgia Southern University, which was ranked 67th in the country in 2010, is located in Statesboro. 9 students graduated with degree in graphic design from Georgia Southern University in 2010. Tuition at Georgia Southern University was $5,340 per year.
The third-ranked school in Georgia that has a graphic design program is Savannah College of Art and Design. Savannah College of Art and Design, which was ranked 68th in the country in 2010, is located in Savannah. In 2010, Savannah College of Art and Design graduated 210 students from its graphic design programs. The tuition rate at Savannah College of Art and Design was $29,570 per year.
Tuition at Georgia's graphic design schools ranges from $29,570 per year to $2,268 per year. But, the average tuition is $12,283 per year. In 2010, the following Georgia graphic design schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Savannah College of Art and Design - located in Savannah, students are charged $29,570 per year
- The Creative Circus - located in Atlanta, students are charged $20,526 per year
- Brenau University - located in Gainesville, students are charged $20,130 per year
The graphic design schools in Georgia that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Southern Crescent Technical College - located in Griffin, students are charged $2,268 per year
- Albany Technical College - located in Albany, students are charged $2,268 per year
- Augusta Technical College - located in Augusta, students are charged $2,280 per year
A graphic design degree from a Georgia school... what next?
A large number of Georgia graphic design graduates become graphic designers. Georgia had 5,190 graphic designers in 2010. In Georgia, the largest numbers of graphic designers work in the following counties:
- Barrow County - 3,660 graphic designers
- Bryan County - 200 graphic designers
- Burke County - 190 graphic designers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of graphic designers is expected to grow by 13% by 2018. There are projected to be 10,680 graphic designers working in the Georgia then.
A graphic designer in Georgia earns $48,760 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Georgia graphic designers earned as little as less than $18,610 per year or as much as more than $87,100 per year. On average a graphic designer earns the most in the following Georgia counties:
- Barrow County - $52,430 per year
- Murray County - $50,020 per year
- Russell County - $49,520 per year
The Georgia counties with the lowest average salary for graphic designers are:
- Appling County - $29,780 per year
- Brooks County - $29,790 per year
- Bibb County - $31,370 per year
For more data regarding a career in graphic design in Georgia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as computer animation or graphic design, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in Georgia
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in Georgia
- Master's Degree in Graphic Design in Georgia
- Certificate in Graphic Design in Georgia
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in Georgia