There are schools offering healthcare administration programs in Georgia!
Schools Offering Healthcare Administration Programs in Georgia
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Tennessee
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Mississippi
- Healthcare Administration Programs in South Carolina
- Healthcare Administration Programs in North Carolina
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Alabama
- Healthcare Administration Programs in Florida
- See All Schools in Georgia
Each year, approximately 0.2% of Georgia graduates receive degrees in healthcare administration. In other words, every year an estimated 496 healthcare administrators graduate from Georgia's 26 healthcare administration schools.
Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus, which was ranked 19th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Georgia that has a healthcare administration program. It is located in Atlanta. In 2010, 16 students graduated from Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus' healthcare administration program. Tuition at Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus was $8,716 per year.
The second-ranked school in Georgia with a healthcare administration program is Georgia State University, which is located in Atlanta. In 2010, it was ranked 32nd nationwide. 15 students graduated with degree in healthcare administration from Georgia State University in 2010. Students at Georgia State University paid $8,698 per year in tuition fees.
Armstrong Atlantic State University, which was ranked 32nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Georgia that has a healthcare administration program. It is located in Savannah. In 2010, Armstrong Atlantic State University graduated 20 students from its healthcare administration programs. The tuition rate at Armstrong Atlantic State University was $4,510 per year.
If you choose to attend a Georgia healthcare administration school, average tuition will be $8,124 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,863 per year to $20,130 per year. In 2010, the healthcare administration schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Georgia were:
- Brenau University - located in Gainesville, students are charged $20,130 per year
- Everest Institute-Marietta - located in Marietta, students are charged $15,414 per year
- South University-Savannah - located in Savannah, students are charged $15,285 per year
The following Georgia healthcare administration schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Central Georgia Technical College - located in Macon, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Southeastern Technical College - located in Vidalia, students are charged $2,268 per year
- Georgia Northwestern Technical College - located in Rome, students are charged $2,268 per year
A healthcare administration degree from a Georgia school... what next?
The highest percentage of healthcare administration graduates in Georgia pursue careers as a healthcare administrator. Georgia had 11,260 healthcare administrators in 2010. The largest populations of Georgia healthcare administrators are working in the following counties:
- Barrow County - 6,420 healthcare administrators
- Burke County - 1,000 healthcare administrators
- Bryan County - 520 healthcare administrators
The government projects that by 2018, the number of healthcare administrators in the state of Georgia will grow to 13,630. This would require a 29% growth in the profession.
On average, a healthcare administrator earns a salary of $85,570 per year in Georgia state. However, Georgia healthcare administrators earned anywhere in the range from as less than $33,040 per year to more than $144,720 per year in 2010. The following counties in Georgia have the highest average salaries for healthcare administrators:
- Barrow County - $90,000 per year
- Bibb County - $86,530 per year
- Burke County - $85,470 per year
The Georgia counties with the lowest average salary for healthcare administrators are:
- Brooks County - $63,020 per year
- Houston County - $66,420 per year
- Banks County - $69,220 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Georgia statistics regarding a career in healthcare administration and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health information management or health science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Georgia
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Georgia
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Georgia
- Certificate in Healthcare Administration in Georgia
Curious what studying Healthcare Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||11,260||$85,570||68.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are healthcare administration related jobs in Georgia