There are schools offering healthcare management degrees in Georgia!
Schools Offering Healthcare Management Programs in Georgia
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Georgia graduates receive degrees in healthcare management. That means an estimated 185 healthcare managers graduate from Georgia's 9 healthcare management schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Georgia that has a healthcare management program is Brenau University. Brenau University, which was ranked 45th in the country in 2010, is located in Gainesville. 7 students graduated with a degree in healthcare management from Brenau University in 2010. The tuition rate at Brenau University was $20,130 per year.
The second-ranked school in Georgia with a healthcare management program is Omnitech Institute, which is located in Decatur. In 2010, it was ranked 74th nationwide. In 2010, 11 students graduated from Omnitech Institute healthcare management program.
Clayton State University, which is located in Morrow, is the third-ranked school in Georgia that has a healthcare management program. It received a ranking of 78th in the country in 2010. 76 students graduated with degree in healthcare management from Clayton State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Clayton State University was $4,566 per year.
Tuition at Georgia's healthcare management schools ranges from $20,130 per year to $2,354 per year. But, the average tuition is $8,006 per year. In 2010, the healthcare management schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Georgia were:
- Brenau University - located in Gainesville, students are charged $20,130 per year
- University of Phoenix-Atlanta Campus - located in Atlanta, students are charged $11,880 per year
- University of Phoenix-Columbus Georgia Campus - located in Columbus, students are charged $11,040 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Georgia healthcare management schools were charged at the following schools:
- Macon State College - located in Macon, students are charged $2,354 per year
- Clayton State University - located in Morrow, students are charged $4,566 per year
- University of Phoenix-Savannah Campus - located in Savannah, students are charged $11,040 per year
A healthcare management degree from a Georgia school... what next?
Most people who graduate from healthcare management school in Georgia go on to work as a healthcare manager. If you decide to work as a healthcare manager in Georgia, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 11,260 Georgia healthcare managers as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Georgia healthcare managers:
- Barrow County - 6,420 healthcare managers
- Burke County - 1,000 healthcare managers
- Bryan County - 520 healthcare managers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 13,630 healthcare managers will be working in Georgia state. This would require the number of healthcare managers to grow by 29%.
A healthcare manager in Georgia makes an average of $85,570 per year. But, salaries for healthcare managers can vary. In 2010, healthcare managers made as little as less than $33,040 per year or as much as more than $144,720 per year in Georgia. The following counties in Georgia have the highest average salaries for healthcare managers:
- Barrow County - $90,000 per year
- Bibb County - $86,530 per year
- Burke County - $85,470 per year
On average, healthcare managers earns the least in the following Georgia counties:
- Brooks County - $63,020 per year
- Houston County - $66,420 per year
- Banks County - $69,220 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Georgia statistics regarding a career in healthcare management. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as healthcare management or business management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Management in Georgia
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Management in Georgia
- Certificate in Healthcare Management in Georgia
Curious what studying Healthcare Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||11,260||$85,570||68.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are healthcare management related jobs in Georgia