There are schools offering history degrees in Georgia!
Schools Offering History Programs in Georgia
Emory University, which was ranked 14th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Georgia that has a history program. It is located in Atlanta. In 2010, Emory University graduated 77 students from its history program. The tuition rate at Emory University was $39,158 per year.
The second-ranked school in Georgia that has a history program is University of Georgia. University of Georgia, which was ranked 15th in the country in 2010, is located in Athens. In 2010, 184 students graduated from University of Georgia history program. Tuition at University of Georgia was $8,736 per year.
Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus, which is located in Atlanta, is the third-ranked school in Georgia that has a history program. It received a ranking of 19th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus graduated 23 students from its history programs. Tuition at Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus was $8,716 per year.
History schools in Georgia, charge students an average tuition of $12,924 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $39,158 per year, or as little as $2,354 per year. In 2010, the following Georgia history schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Emory University - located in Atlanta, students are charged $39,158 per year
- Agnes Scott College - located in Decatur, students are charged $31,283 per year
- Mercer University - located in Macon, students are charged $30,560 per year
The history schools in Georgia that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Macon State College - located in Macon, students are charged $2,354 per year
- Georgia Military College-Milledgeville Campus - located in Milledgeville, students are charged $4,422 per year
- Georgia Military College-Warner Robins Campus - located in Warner Robins, students are charged $4,428 per year
A history degree from a Georgia school... what next?
Most people who graduate from history school in Georgia go on to work as a historian. If you decide to work as a historian in Georgia, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 60 Georgia historians as of 2010. The largest populations of Georgia historians are working in the following counties:
On average, historians earn $59,160 per year.
The charts and graphs below have additional Georgia statistics regarding a career in history. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as political science or history.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in History in Georgia
- Bachelor's Degree in History in Georgia
- Master's Degree in History in Georgia
- Doctoral Degree in History in Georgia
Curious what studying History gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are history related jobs in Georgia