There are schools offering homeland security degrees in Georgia!
Schools Offering Homeland Security Programs in Georgia
Approximately 0.0% of graduates in of Georgia receive homeland security degrees every year. That means an estimated 25 homeland security professionals graduate from Georgia's 11 homeland security schools each year.
Savannah State University, which is located in Savannah, is the top-ranked school in Georgia that has a homeland security program. It received a ranking of 82nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 4 students graduated from Savannah State University's homeland security program. Savannah State University charged in-state students $5,624 in tuition fees per year.
Georgia Military College-Milledgeville Campus, which was ranked 83rd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Georgia that has a homeland security program. It is located in Milledgeville. The tuition rate at Georgia Military College-Milledgeville Campus was $4,422 per year.
The third-ranked school in Georgia that has a homeland security program is Dekalb Technical College. Dekalb Technical College, which was ranked 86th in the country in 2010, is located in Clarkston. In 2010, Dekalb Technical College graduated 7 students from its homeland security programs. The tuition rate at Dekalb Technical College was $2,466 per year.
Tuition at Georgia's homeland security schools ranges from $11,880 per year to $2,370 per year. But, the average tuition is $6,585 per year. The Georgia homeland security schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Phoenix-Atlanta Campus - located in Atlanta, students are charged $11,880 per year
- University of Phoenix-Augusta Campus - located in Augusta, students are charged $11,040 per year
- University of Phoenix-Savannah Campus - located in Savannah, students are charged $11,040 per year
The homeland security schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Georgia were:
- Chattahoochee Technical College - located in Marietta, students are charged $2,370 per year
- Dekalb Technical College - located in Clarkston, students are charged $2,466 per year
- Columbus Technical College - located in Columbus, students are charged $2,468 per year
A homeland security degree from a Georgia school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs homeland security graduates in Georgia pursue include fbi special agent, security officer, and geospatial intelligence analyst. Georgia had 33,860 homeland security professionals in 2010. 1,440 of these homeland security professionals were transportation security officers, 4,750 were fbi special agents, and 27,220 were security officers. The Georgia counties with the largest populations of homeland security professional are:
- Barrow County - 21,240 homeland security professionals
- Burke County - 2,470 homeland security professionals
- Bryan County - 1,760 homeland security professionals
The government projects that the number of homeland security professionals in Georgia will grow by 19%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 24,970 homeland security professionals working in Georgia. The greatest growth for homeland security professional is predicted to be amongst Transportation Security Officers, who are expected to increase by 24% by 2018.
On average, homeland security professionals earn a salary of $52,458 per year in Georgia state. But, salaries for homeland security professional can vary. In 2010, homeland security professional made as little as less than $15,480 per year or as much as more than $136,450 per year in Georgia. Homeland security professionals in the following Georgia counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Brantley County - $59,910 per year
- Clarke County - $56,680 per year
- Barrow County - $52,708 per year
The following counties in Georgia have the lowest average salaries for homeland security professional:
- Hall County - $21,180 per year
- Floyd County - $22,120 per year
- Bibb County - $22,430 per year
On average, the highest paid homeland security professionals in Georgia were:
- Geospatial Intelligence Analyst - $101,470 per year
- Fbi Special Agent - $56,620 per year
- Transportation Security Officer - $27,400 per year
The homeland security professionals with lowest average salaries in Georgia were:
- Transportation Security Officer - $27,400 per year
- Security Officer - $24,340 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Georgia statistics regarding a career in homeland security. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as crime scene investigation or homeland security.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Homeland Security in Georgia
- Bachelor's Degree in Homeland Security in Georgia
- Certificate in Homeland Security in Georgia
Curious what studying Homeland Security gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Detectives and Criminal Investigators||4,750||$56,620||27.7%|
|Protective Service Workers, All Other||1,440||$27,400||-49.1%|
|Physical Scientists, All Other||450||$101,470|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are homeland security related jobs in Georgia