There are schools offering HVAC training in Georgia!
Schools Offering Hvac Programs in Georgia
Around 0.9% of Georgia's graduates graduate from HVAC certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 2,246 heating and air conditioning mechanics graduate from Georgia's 30 HVAC schools.
The top-ranked school in Georgia with a HVAC program is Everest Institute-Decatur, which is located in Decatur. In 2010, it was ranked 71st nationwide. In 2010, Everest Institute-Decatur graduated 75 students from its HVAC program. Everest Institute-Decatur charged in-state students $21,609 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Georgia with a HVAC program is Medix College, which is located in Smyrna. In 2010, it was ranked 72nd nationwide. 42 students graduated with certificate in HVAC from Medix College in 2010.
The third-ranked school in Georgia with a HVAC program is Interactive College of Technology, which is located in Atlanta. In 2010, it was ranked 74th nationwide. In 2010, 155 students graduated from Interactive College of Technology HVAC program. Tuition at Interactive College of Technology was $7,850 per year.
Tuition at Georgia's HVAC schools ranges from $21,609 per year to $1,863 per year. But, the average tuition is $2,978 per year. The Georgia HVAC schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Everest Institute-Decatur - located in Decatur, students are charged $21,609 per year
- Interactive College of Technology - located in Atlanta, students are charged $7,850 per year
- College of Coastal Georgia - located in Brunswick, students are charged $3,174 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Georgia HVAC schools were charged at the following schools:
- Athens Technical College - located in Athens, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Central Georgia Technical College - located in Macon, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Gwinnett Technical College - located in Lawrenceville, students are charged $2,064 per year
A HVAC certificate from a Georgia school... what next?
The highest percentage of HVAC graduates in Georgia pursue careers as a heating and air conditioning mechanic. If you decide to work as a heating and air conditioning mechanic in Georgia, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 6,480 Georgia heating and air conditioning mechanics as of 2010. In Georgia, the largest numbers of heating and air conditioning mechanics work in the following counties:
- Barrow County - 3,860 heating and air conditioning mechanics
- Appling County - 420 heating and air conditioning mechanics
- Burke County - 360 heating and air conditioning mechanics
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 6,100 heating and air conditioning mechanics will be working in Georgia state. This would require the number of heating and air conditioning mechanics to grow by 9%.
A heating and air conditioning mechanic in Georgia makes an average of $39,580 per year. In 2010, however, some Georgia heating and air conditioning mechanics earned as little as less than $16,450 per year or as much as more than $67,140 per year. A heating and air conditioning mechanic in the following Georgia counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Hall County - $43,990 per year
- Barrow County - $43,090 per year
- Clarke County - $42,500 per year
The Georgia counties with the lowest average salary for heating and air conditioning mechanics are:
- Brooks County - $26,960 per year
- Appling County - $29,160 per year
- Bulloch County - $31,690 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Georgia statistics regarding a career in HVAC and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as plumbing or carpentry.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Hvac in Georgia
- Certificate in Hvac in Georgia
Curious what studying HVAC gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers||6,480||$39,580||58.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are HVAC related jobs in Georgia