There are schools offering management courses in Georgia!
Schools Offering Management Programs in Georgia
University of Georgia, which is located in Athens, is the top-ranked school in Georgia that has a management program. It received a ranking of 15th in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of Georgia graduated 78 students from its management program. Students at University of Georgia paid $8,736 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Georgia with a management program is Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus, which is located in Atlanta. In 2010, it was ranked 19th nationwide. In 2010, Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus graduated 32 students from its management program. Tuition at Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus was $8,716 per year.
Georgia State University, which was ranked 19th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Georgia that has a management program. It is located in Atlanta. In 2010, Georgia State University graduated 51 students from its management programs. Tuition at Georgia State University was $8,698 per year.
Management schools in Georgia, charge students an average tuition of $6,776 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $20,130 per year, or as little as $1,863 per year. The Georgia management schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Brenau University - located in Gainesville, students are charged $20,130 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Kennesaw - located in Kennesaw, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Duluth - located in Duluth, students are charged $18,048 per year
The management schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Georgia were:
- Central Georgia Technical College - located in Macon, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Gwinnett Technical College - located in Lawrenceville, students are charged $2,064 per year
- Southern Crescent Technical College - located in Griffin, students are charged $2,268 per year
A management degree from a Georgia school... what next?
The highest percentage of management graduates in Georgia pursue careers as a manager. In 2010, there were 73,380 managers working in Georgia. The Georgia counties with the largest populations of managers are:
- Barrow County - 49,130 managers
- Burke County - 2,810 managers
- Bryan County - 2,640 managers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of managers in the state of Georgia will grow to 86,540. This would require a 4% growth in the profession.
A manager in Georgia makes an average of $102,240 per year. But, salaries for managers can vary. In 2010, managers made as little as less than $39,750 per year or as much as more than $164,530 per year in Georgia. On average a manager earns the most in the following Georgia counties:
- Barrow County - $109,030 per year
- Hall County - $106,610 per year
- Clarke County - $95,340 per year
The Georgia counties with the lowest average salary for managers are:
- Appling County - $76,160 per year
- Liberty County - $77,170 per year
- Brooks County - $77,560 per year
For more data regarding a career in management in Georgia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as restaurant management or educational leadership, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Management in Georgia
- Bachelor's Degree in Management in Georgia
- Master's Degree in Management in Georgia
- Certificate in Management in Georgia
Curious what studying Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||73,380||$102,240||-1.6%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers||36,780||$37,220||-1.1%|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||11,260||$85,570||68.8%|
|Managers, All Other||6,390||$103,280||-35.0%|
|Food Service Managers||4,680||$49,860||-26.6%|
|Industrial Production Managers||3,310||$82,780||-35.1%|
|Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers||2,820||$80,610||-35.0%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||1,480||$97,440||62.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are management related jobs in Georgia