There are schools offering medical assistant programs in Georgia!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in Georgia
Around 1.4% of Georgia's graduates graduate from medical assisting certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 3,532 medical assistants graduate from Georgia's 49 medical assistant schools.
Emory University, which was ranked 14th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Georgia that has a medical assistant program. It is located in Atlanta. 51 students graduated with a certificate in medical assistant from Emory University in 2010. Tuition at Emory University was $39,158 per year.
The second-ranked school in Georgia that has a medical assistant program is Mercer University. Mercer University, which was ranked 34th in the country in 2010, is located in Macon. In 2010, Mercer University graduated 26 students from its medical assistant program. The tuition rate at Mercer University was $30,560 per year.
Everest Institute-Decatur, which is located in Decatur, is the third-ranked school in Georgia that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 71st in the country in 2010. In 2010, Everest Institute-Decatur graduated 443 students from its medical assistant programs. Tuition at Everest Institute-Decatur was $21,609 per year.
Tuition at Georgia's medical assistant schools ranges from $39,158 per year to $1,863 per year. But, the average tuition is $5,591 per year. In 2010, the following Georgia medical assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Emory University - located in Atlanta, students are charged $39,158 per year
- Mercer University - located in Macon, students are charged $30,560 per year
- Everest Institute-Decatur - located in Decatur, students are charged $21,609 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Georgia medical assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Central Georgia Technical College - located in Macon, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Athens Technical College - located in Athens, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Gwinnett Technical College - located in Lawrenceville, students are charged $2,064 per year
A medical assistant certificate from a Georgia school... what next?
The highest percentage of medical assistant graduates in Georgia pursue careers as a medical assistant. If you decide to work as a medical assistant in Georgia, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 14,870 Georgia medical assistants as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Georgia medical assistants:
- Barrow County - 8,540 medical assistants
- Burke County - 940 medical assistants
- Bryan County - 640 medical assistants
The government projects that the number of medical assistants in Georgia will grow by 46%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 21,090 medical assistants working in Georgia.
On average, medical assistants earn $28,650 per year. However, this number is only an average. medical assistants in Georgia had varying salaries from $16,280 to $41,350 per year in 2010. A medical assistant in the following Georgia counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Bryan County - $30,400 per year
- Hall County - $30,110 per year
- Barrow County - $29,990 per year
The Georgia counties with the lowest average salary for medical assistants are:
- Bulloch County - $22,680 per year
- Baldwin County - $23,400 per year
- Appling County - $23,840 per year
For more data regarding a career in medical assisting in Georgia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in Georgia
- Master's Degree in Medical Assisting in Georgia
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in Georgia
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in Georgia