There are schools offering nursing assistant certifications in Georgia!
Schools Offering Nurse Assisting Programs in Georgia
Each year, approximately 1.0% of Georgia graduates receive certificates in nurse assisting. That means an estimated 2,491 nursing assistants graduate from Georgia's 25 nursing assistant schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Georgia with a nursing assistant program is Medix College, which is located in Smyrna. In 2010, it was ranked 72nd nationwide. In 2010, 46 students graduated from Medix College's nursing assistant program.
The second-ranked school in Georgia that has a nursing assistant program is North Georgia Technical College. North Georgia Technical College, which was ranked 75th in the country in 2010, is located in Clarkesville. 47 students graduated with certificate in nursing assistant from North Georgia Technical College in 2010. Tuition at North Georgia Technical College was $2,310 per year.
The third-ranked school in Georgia that has a nursing assistant program is Everest Institute-Jonesboro. Everest Institute-Jonesboro, which was ranked 76th in the country in 2010, is located in Jonesboro. In 2010, 196 students graduated from Everest Institute-Jonesboro nursing assistant program. Tuition at Everest Institute-Jonesboro was $0 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Georgia's nursing assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $2,121 per year, though tuition can range from $3,086 per year to $1,863 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Georgia nursing assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Bainbridge College - located in Bainbridge, students are charged $3,086 per year
- Wiregrass Georgia Technical College - located in Valdosta, students are charged $2,528 per year
- Columbus Technical College - located in Columbus, students are charged $2,468 per year
The nursing assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Georgia were:
- Central Georgia Technical College - located in Macon, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Athens Technical College - located in Athens, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Albany Technical College - located in Albany, students are charged $2,268 per year
A nursing assistant certificate from a Georgia school... what next?
Most people who graduate from nursing assistant school in Georgia go on to work as a nursing assistant. 36,390 nursing assistants were working in Georgia in 2010. The largest populations of Georgia nursing assistants are working in the following counties:
- Barrow County - 15,790 nursing assistants
- Burke County - 3,390 nursing assistants
- Appling County - 2,810 nursing assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of nursing assistants in the state of Georgia will grow to 48,870. This would require a 28% growth in the profession.
On average, nursing assistants earn $21,650 per year. But, salaries for nursing assistants can vary. In 2010, nursing assistants made as little as less than $15,490 per year or as much as more than $32,590 per year in Georgia. A nursing assistant in the following Georgia counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Barrow County - $23,750 per year
- Hall County - $23,390 per year
- Bryan County - $21,910 per year
The Georgia counties with the lowest average salary for nursing assistants are:
- Bulloch County - $17,650 per year
- Appling County - $18,610 per year
- Baker County - $18,700 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Georgia statistics regarding a career in nurse assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic nursing or LVN.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nurse Assisting in Georgia
Curious what studying Nursing Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Nursing Aides, Orderlies, and Attendants||36,390||$21,650||-4.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nursing assistant related jobs in Georgia