There are schools offering occupational therapy programs in Georgia!
Schools Offering Occupational Therapy Programs in Georgia
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Georgia students graduate with degrees in occupational therapy. In other words, every year an estimated 151 occupational therapists graduate from Georgia's 8 occupational therapy schools.
Brenau University, which is located in Gainesville, is the top-ranked school in Georgia that has a occupational therapy program. It received a ranking of 45th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 38 students graduated from Brenau University's occupational therapy program. The tuition rate at Brenau University was $20,130 per year.
Augusta Technical College, which was ranked 81st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Georgia that has a occupational therapy program. It is located in Augusta. In 2010, Augusta Technical College graduated 9 students from its occupational therapy program. Tuition at Augusta Technical College was $2,280 per year.
The third-ranked school in Georgia that has a occupational therapy program is Middle Georgia College. Middle Georgia College, which was ranked 82nd in the country in 2010, is located in Cochran. In 2010, Middle Georgia College graduated 19 students from its occupational therapy programs. Tuition at Middle Georgia College was $2,734 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Georgia's occupational therapy schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,504 per year, though tuition can range from $20,130 per year to $2,268 per year. The Georgia occupational therapy schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Brenau University - located in Gainesville, students are charged $20,130 per year
- Andrew College - located in Cuthbert, students are charged $12,138 per year
- Brown Mackie College-Atlanta - located in Atlanta, students are charged $9,766 per year
The occupational therapy schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Georgia were:
- Georgia Northwestern Technical College - located in Rome, students are charged $2,268 per year
- Augusta Technical College - located in Augusta, students are charged $2,280 per year
- Darton College - located in Albany, students are charged $2,714 per year
An occupational therapy degree from a Georgia school... what next?
Most people who graduate from occupational therapy school in Georgia go on to work as an occupational therapist. If you decide to work as an occupational therapist in Georgia, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 2,030 Georgia occupational therapists as of 2010. The Georgia counties with the largest populations of occupational therapists are:
- Barrow County - 1,180 occupational therapists
- Burke County - 140 occupational therapists
- Bibb County - 110 occupational therapists
The government projects that the number of occupational therapists in Georgia will grow by 31%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 2,240 occupational therapists working in Georgia.
On average, occupational therapists earn $69,190 per year. However, this number is only an average. occupational therapists in Georgia had varying salaries from $30,060 to $127,140 per year in 2010. On average an occupational therapist earns the most in the following Georgia counties:
- Floyd County - $83,980 per year
- Brooks County - $80,780 per year
- Bulloch County - $80,170 per year
An occupational therapist in the following counties in Georgia make the lowest salaries on average:
- Burke County - $62,360 per year
- Barrow County - $67,140 per year
- Hall County - $68,530 per year
For more data regarding a career in occupational therapy in Georgia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as clinical psychology or occupational therapy, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Georgia
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Georgia
- Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Georgia
Curious what studying Occupational Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Occupational Therapy Assistants||420||$52,770||20.0%|
|Occupational Therapy Aides||230||$26,510||43.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are occupational therapy related jobs in Georgia