There are schools offering paramedic programs in Georgia!
Schools Offering Paramedic Training Programs in Georgia
Medix College, which is located in Smyrna, is the top-ranked school in Georgia that has a paramedic program. It received a ranking of 72nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Medix College graduated 112 students from its paramedic program.
North Georgia Technical College, which was ranked 75th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Georgia that has a paramedic program. It is located in Clarkesville. In 2010, 52 students graduated from North Georgia Technical College paramedic program. The tuition rate at North Georgia Technical College was $2,310 per year.
Altamaha Technical College, which was ranked 75th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Georgia that has a paramedic program. It is located in Jesup. In 2010, Altamaha Technical College graduated 8 students from its paramedic programs. Students at Altamaha Technical College paid $2,268 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Georgia's paramedic schools ranges from $3,086 per year to $1,863 per year. But, the average tuition is $2,231 per year. In 2010, the paramedic schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Georgia were:
- Bainbridge College - located in Bainbridge, students are charged $3,086 per year
- Darton College - located in Albany, students are charged $2,714 per year
- Wiregrass Georgia Technical College - located in Valdosta, students are charged $2,528 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Georgia paramedic schools were charged at the following schools:
- Athens Technical College - located in Athens, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Central Georgia Technical College - located in Macon, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Gwinnett Technical College - located in Lawrenceville, students are charged $2,064 per year
A paramedic certificate from a Georgia school... what next?
A large number of Georgia paramedic graduates become paramedics. 8,050 paramedics were working in Georgia in 2010. The largest populations of Georgia paramedics are working in the following counties:
- Barrow County - 3,660 paramedics
- Burke County - 740 paramedics
- Appling County - 720 paramedics
The government projects that the number of paramedics in Georgia will grow by 21%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 6,780 paramedics working in Georgia.
On average, a paramedic earns a salary of $30,960 per year in Georgia state. However, this number is only an average. paramedics in Georgia had varying salaries from $16,760 to $55,600 per year in 2010. On average a paramedic earns the most in the following Georgia counties:
- Russell County - $37,820 per year
- Baker County - $34,050 per year
- Barrow County - $32,700 per year
A paramedic in the following counties in Georgia make the lowest salaries on average:
- Bulloch County - $25,550 per year
- Appling County - $25,800 per year
- Baldwin County - $28,720 per year
For more data regarding a career in paramedic training in Georgia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as paramedic or emergency management, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paramedic Training in Georgia
- Certificate in Paramedic Training in Georgia
Curious what studying Paramedic gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||8,050||$30,960||11.3%|
|Ambulance Drivers and Attendants, Except Emergency Medical Technicians||470||$19,390||42.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paramedic related jobs in Georgia