There are schools offering personal training certifications in Georgia!
Schools Offering Personal Training Programs in Georgia
Around 0.0% of Georgia's graduates graduate from personal training degree programs every year. That means an estimated 50 personal trainers graduate from Georgia's 8 personal training schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Georgia with a personal training program is Georgia College & State University, which is located in Milledgeville. In 2010, it was ranked 37th nationwide. In 2010, Georgia College & State University graduated 13 students from its personal training program. Students at Georgia College & State University paid $7,852 per year in tuition fees.
Valdosta State University, which is located in Valdosta, is the second-ranked school in Georgia that has a personal training program. It received a ranking of 41st in the country in 2010. In 2010, Valdosta State University graduated 12 students from its personal training program. Valdosta State University charged in-state students $5,406 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Georgia that has a personal training program is Armstrong Atlantic State University. Armstrong Atlantic State University, which was ranked 44th in the country in 2010, is located in Savannah. In 2010, 4 students graduated from Armstrong Atlantic State University personal training program. Armstrong Atlantic State University charged in-state students $4,510 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Georgia personal training school, average tuition will be $7,181 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,355 per year to $14,653 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Georgia personal training schools were charged at the following schools:
- American Professional Institute - located in Macon, students are charged $14,653 per year
- Andrew College - located in Cuthbert, students are charged $12,138 per year
- Georgia College & State University - located in Milledgeville, students are charged $7,852 per year
The personal training schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Georgia were:
- West Georgia Technical College - located in Waco, students are charged $2,355 per year
- Armstrong Atlantic State University - located in Savannah, students are charged $4,510 per year
- North Georgia College & State University - located in Dahlonega, students are charged $5,194 per year
A personal training degree from a Georgia school... what next?
Most people who graduate from personal training school in Georgia go on to work as a personal trainer. If you decide to work as a personal trainer in Georgia, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 4,230 Georgia personal trainers as of 2010. The largest populations of Georgia personal trainers are working in the following counties:
- Barrow County - 2,970 personal trainers
- Burke County - 230 personal trainers
- Bryan County - 210 personal trainers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of personal trainers is expected to grow by 24% by 2018. There are projected to be 2,050 personal trainers working in the Georgia then.
On average, a personal trainer earns a salary of $38,310 per year in Georgia state. However, this number is only an average. personal trainers in Georgia had varying salaries from $15,460 to $68,720 per year in 2010. On average a personal trainer earns the most in the following Georgia counties:
- Barrow County - $42,250 per year
- Bryan County - $35,840 per year
- Clarke County - $34,010 per year
A personal trainer in the following counties in Georgia make the lowest salaries on average:
- Appling County - $22,140 per year
- Houston County - $25,290 per year
- Bulloch County - $26,820 per year
For more data regarding a career in personal training in Georgia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or physical therapy, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Personal Training in Georgia
- Bachelor's Degree in Personal Training in Georgia
- Master's Degree in Personal Training in Georgia
- Certificate in Personal Training in Georgia
Curious what studying Personal Training gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors||4,230||$38,310||9.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are personal training related jobs in Georgia