There are schools offering pharmacy technician programs in Georgia!
Schools Offering Pharmacy Technician Training Programs in Georgia
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Georgia receive pharmacy technician training certificates every year. In other words, every year an estimated 421 pharmacy technicians graduate from Georgia's 20 pharmacy technician schools.
The top-ranked school in Georgia with a pharmacy technician program is Medix College, which is located in Smyrna. In 2010, it was ranked 72nd nationwide. 33 students graduated with a certificate in pharmacy technician from Medix College in 2010.
North Georgia Technical College, which is located in Clarkesville, is the second-ranked school in Georgia that has a pharmacy technician program. It received a ranking of 75th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 6 students graduated from North Georgia Technical College pharmacy technician program. Students at North Georgia Technical College paid $2,310 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Georgia that has a pharmacy technician program is Everest Institute-Jonesboro. Everest Institute-Jonesboro, which was ranked 76th in the country in 2010, is located in Jonesboro. In 2010, Everest Institute-Jonesboro graduated 71 students from its pharmacy technician programs. Everest Institute-Jonesboro charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Georgia's pharmacy technician schools ranges from $14,653 per year to $1,863 per year. But, the average tuition is $2,935 per year. In 2010, the following Georgia pharmacy technician schools had the highest tuition rates:
- American Professional Institute - located in Macon, students are charged $14,653 per year
- Brown Mackie College-Atlanta - located in Atlanta, students are charged $9,766 per year
- Wiregrass Georgia Technical College - located in Valdosta, students are charged $2,528 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Georgia pharmacy technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Central Georgia Technical College - located in Macon, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Albany Technical College - located in Albany, students are charged $2,268 per year
- Georgia Northwestern Technical College - located in Rome, students are charged $2,268 per year
A pharmacy technician certificate from a Georgia school... what next?
A large number of Georgia pharmacy technician graduates become pharmacy technicians. 9,750 pharmacy technicians were working in Georgia in 2010. The largest populations of Georgia pharmacy technicians are working in the following counties:
- Barrow County - 4,770 pharmacy technicians
- Burke County - 750 pharmacy technicians
- Banks County - 670 pharmacy technicians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of pharmacy technicians in the state of Georgia will grow to 6,730. This would require a 45% growth in the profession.
A pharmacy technician in Georgia makes an average of $27,410 per year. But, salaries for pharmacy technicians can vary. In 2010, pharmacy technicians made as little as less than $16,540 per year or as much as more than $38,700 per year in Georgia. The counties in Georgia with the highest average salary for a pharmacy technician are:
- Barrow County - $28,680 per year
- Brantley County - $28,530 per year
- Bulloch County - $27,850 per year
A pharmacy technician in the following counties in Georgia make the lowest salaries on average:
- Appling County - $23,520 per year
- Floyd County - $24,850 per year
- Bibb County - $24,870 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Georgia statistics regarding a career in pharmacy technician training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or physician assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Pharmacy Technician Training in Georgia
- Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Training in Georgia
Curious what studying Pharmacy Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are pharmacy technician related jobs in Georgia